• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of shearling, I am feeling the pull towards this kind of shearling vest. Thinking of wearing it over flannels or my Aero J100 (see examples below). Also a bit more usable than a full heavyweight uberwarm shearling jacket...

Thoughts?

RMC C-3

Over flannel

R8200818-thumb-490x653-36712.jpg

Over J100 (two-tone version vest)

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
another thing i've noticed about shearlings is the type of fleece. i dont know the technical names, but some fleeces have a curly carpet like pile, like this:

while other shearlings have a straighter hair, almost like the texture of a teddy bear, like this:

something to consider if you haven't already. i have a james grose shearling that i like and it has the second pile. the silhouette and pile make it feel more contemporary to me, rather than strictly workwear.

also, fwiw, here's the schott again. i dont know if it's actually longer than the acne one or if that guy is just wearing high waisted trousers. proportions of hem to sleeves seem about the same, although the acne does seem more cropped.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do people feel about these partial shearling/partial down liners from Ten C? Are they warm enough to use as outwear in 40' F weather over just a shirt or t-shirt? Are they TTS?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How do people feel about these partial shearling/partial down liners from Ten C? Are they warm enough to use as outwear in 40' F weather?

View attachment 1280851 View attachment 1280852

i have an earlier version of that liner that i wear all the time on its own, more than my actual ten c jackets. but the sleeves on mine are thinner and onion quilted, rather than channel quilted. that one is a bit puffier. i wish they would bring back the older design, but i could see that also being nice worn on its own. i wear down and shearling jackets in temps below 60. works even with a thick sweater, ime

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's back! Please, do let us know what the cool kids in London think about sheepskin flying jackets.
Also how do they call it?? People want to know what the correct name is for what dim Americans call sheepskin jackets!

Xenos

Reaction score
I've never handled it, so I can't say unfortunately.

But... Isn't a heavy shearling jacket way too warm for LA?? My guess is that you would find use for it like one day per year? At most?

Certainly. Wouldn’t wear it here. I’ll be in Utah a few times this winter and maybe Northern Europe (exact destinations tbd) so seems like a perfect time to buy one of these I’ve had my eye on for years.
Just have no idea about the fit. Recently bought and returned a less expensive version from WPG that was less than satisfactory. Now, considering the Aero. If I can figure out the sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads