• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Americanaaa

Reaction score
Are there zippers on the sleeves? You could cuff them under if there aren't

Also I belive the flairing out is from the stiff leather. When it's broken in it wont do that as much. Wear it zipped up so the chest, tummy and shoulders break in. Anyone able to weigh in on this more?

minho

Reaction score
Are there zippers on the sleeves? You could cuff them under if there aren't

Also I belive the flairing out is from the stiff leather. When it's broken in it wont do that as much. Wear it zipped up so the chest, tummy and shoulders break in. Anyone able to weigh in on this more?
Yea the sleeves are already zipped up. I have slim wrists so it's still loose on me actually.

I think I'm going to just try and sell this one and get a smaller jacket later. On a related note, if anyone is interested in an Iro Lambskin double rider from SS16, PM me!

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Can someone with experience with the MMM 5-zip comment on its fit? I'm used to pretty snug fits i.e. Rick Owens and Julius, and like a generally slim fit. I'm told the 5-zip doesn't fit that snug (which is fine) but is it at least a slim fit? And what's with the apparently off-shoulder fit? I see some fit pics where shoulder hit the shoulder seam and then some where the seam is clearly an inch or two off the shoulder...

Appreciate any advice.
Older ones (i.e. with MRS zips) fit with a dropped shoulder and more relaxed. More recent ones have been fitting much more snug. The armholes on my '09 are high af.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea the sleeves are already zipped up. I have slim wrists so it's still loose on me actually.

I think I'm going to just try and sell this one and get a smaller jacket later. On a related note, if anyone is interested in an Iro Lambskin double rider from SS16, PM me!

i don't think it looks bad tbh. sleeves are long, but goes with the style. just tell people it's rick and the sleeves are supposed to be long.

b1lf

Reaction score

Thanks! :)

It's basically a Board Racer, but modified to look like a Buco J-100 jacket.

Ahh cool! Do you have the bi-swing back gussets? The pic was a bunch of pages back and I finally caught up to current on this thread..

Did you order from Aero direct?

jmo75

Reaction score
Ahh cool! Do you have the bi-swing back gussets? The pic was a bunch of pages back and I finally caught up to current on this thread..

Did you order from Aero direct?
Funny. You and I have pretty much the same experience. I also but a Schott 654 and sized down. It is also a little snug in the back shoulders. I feel like it is stretching out a bit but I think I am still going to pull the trigger and get a custom Aero Board Racer. I see some of the pics of the custom fits and they look f*Ckn awesome. Like this one.

b1lf

Reaction score

Funny. You and I have pretty much the same experience. I also but a Schott 654 and sized down. It is also a little snug in the back shoulders. I feel like it is stretching out a bit but I think I am still going to pull the trigger and get a custom Aero Board Racer. I see some of the pics of the custom fits and they look f*Ckn awesome. Like this one.
The shoulders are one area that won't ever really stretch on any leather (or non leather) jacket. Combine that with the lack of bi-swing gussets on the Schott 654, I had to sell it. If I size back up to a medium, I have a feeling it'd be too loose. That Aero pic is killer... so damn pricey though. I thought the quality of leather was awesome on the 654, but I don't think it ever had that - "mold to you" - feeling. The Aero or thicker Schott models would probably give me that.

boozwah

Reaction score
Can someone with experience with the MMM 5-zip comment on its fit? I'm used to pretty snug fits i.e. Rick Owens and Julius, and like a generally slim fit. I'm told the 5-zip doesn't fit that snug (which is fine) but is it at least a slim fit? And what's with the apparently off-shoulder fit? I see some fit pics where shoulder hit the shoulder seam and then some where the seam is clearly an inch or two off the shoulder...

Appreciate any advice.

From what I have seen and heard the fit can vary a bit by season and year, but I have found the 5-zip to have a pretty strong v-shape. My 5-zip is very snug in the waist but roomier in the chest and has slightly dropped shoulders. I prefer a more relaxed fit on the 5-zip, which feels more like the MMM aesthetic (pics below). I would definitely try on a few sizes and styles before pulling the trigger see what works for you though. Barney's usually has some on hand.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Wow, many thanks for all the MMM advice/comments! Just so I understand: those of you who pointed out the drop-shoulder fit, does that mean the shoulder seam is supposed to hang slightly off my natural shoulders? If so, what's a good drop--1 inch? 2?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just snatched this of the Aero sale section - a J100 made on the Board Racer pattern in black Vicenza horsehide. I am hoping it fits, otherwise it'll return to Aero (if any others are interested in the same jacket). And now, no more leather jackets for me. For a while. :fu:
Ahh cool! Do you have the bi-swing back gussets? The pic was a bunch of pages back and I finally caught up to current on this thread.. Did you order from Aero direct?
I ordered directly from Aero.

Americanaaa

Reaction score
I've been wearing my Aero everyday. the wool lining is fairly warm paired with a long sleeve shirt or flannel.

overall I REALLY like Aero.

I did a warm soak and wear dry twice. the fqhh is insanely hard to break in. it would take years to break this jacket in without soaking it.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

From what I have seen and heard the fit can vary a bit by season and year, but I have found the 5-zip to have a pretty strong v-shape. My 5-zip is very snug in the waist but roomier in the chest and has slightly dropped shoulders. I prefer a more relaxed fit on the 5-zip, which feels more like the MMM aesthetic (pics below). I would definitely try on a few sizes and styles before pulling the trigger see what works for you though. Barney's usually has some on hand.
Mine is the older version though, I believe the more recent ones are slightly tighter/modern fit. Not wearing leather these days so don't have the fit in mind but it is definitely not tight.

b1lf

Reaction score
There is a serious lack of fit pics of the Vanson Model B out there..... can anyone post up if they have one?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member