• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who wants a reversible leather jacket? I hate unlined leather jackets,

I guess, me? But I've never had issues with unlined jackets and wear one regularly.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
doesn't it feel really weird against your skin? especially if you sweat? leather clinging to your skin doesn't sound all too pleasant.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesn't it feel really weird against your skin? especially if you sweat? leather clinging to your skin doesn't sound all too pleasant.
My RRL gamblerjacket is unlined in the body. The sleeves are lined in bemberg. It's never clung to my skin.

Smooth leather is actually more pleasant to the touch.

In any case, if you've ever worn shoes sans socks, you already know the sensation of leather on skin. On a jacket, which is not as form fitting as a shoe, it probably feels better.

If you are sweating inside a leather jacket, it may be too hot to be wearing leather.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only hangup i might have is dye transfer from the inside of a jacket, like how my red wings stain my socks oro russet lol.

other than that i think unlined leather is fine. i dunno about a reversible tho, i doubt i'd wear both sides like mentioned before and it's frankly hard enough to find one dope jacket much less 2 dope jackets in one.

chocolatelvis

Reaction score
That's odd. Perhaps it is just the style and just noticed my link I originally posted doesn't work, but I really think that specific style is perfect, of course depending on who and how it's worn. I myself would rock the s**t out of regardless. :)

i don't think the incarnation jackets for sale are the one's anyone wants. lately their designs haven't been interesting, a few years back was much cooler.
Sorry for the late reply. I couldn't find the pics I saved of the Incarnation I was referring to at the time of posting, and realized I saved the original posters photos somewhere else.

Perhaps I am the minority that don't dig this?? If I have to gripe, I wish it were a bit shorter.

I can't get hold of the seller as the jacket is now sold, but if anyone can shed light on year and model this is, please post. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

omgcookielol

Reaction score
Since we were talking about painted jackets a couple of pages ago...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCS86qNvsSj/

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry for the late reply. I couldn't find the pics I saved of the Incarnation I was referring to at the time of posting, and realized I saved the original posters photos somewhere else. Perhaps I am the minority that don't dig this?? If I have to gripe, I wish it were a bit shorter. I can't get hold of the seller as the jacket is now sold, but if anyone can shed light on year and model this is, please post. Thanks in advance.
I don't like that at all, but the one I have for sale is pretty conventional in comparison. In the end I may just keep it in case I ever decide to go slim over muscular, but I hate that is is just sitting in my closet. I am thinking a CCP scarstitch if I can get one large enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads