• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i like that their biggest size wouldn't fit a 15 year old me

unless it's just the usual asian thing where they dont carry anything above a slim medium. If so i wonder where all the size 5s go.

Sizing in Japanese leathers run on the small side. Actually, that's an understatement.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a size 5 for the jackets but the measurements aren't listed.

Well yeah. These run smaller compared to the designers you mentioned. I can fit in a size 3 in Julius and 3 or 4 for TVA.

Last edited:

TheObserver

Reaction score
Cascade is $1000 even. (in cowhide) Goat +$100 Elbow pads +$75 Shoulder pads +$75 Additional outside pocket +$25 Additional inside +$10

Here's my older Cascade in black goat which just had elbow pads added by Langlitz. (in 2 days)

Thanks. Jacket looks good. I don't have leather experience but I like the look and feel.

I also like the Lewis Super Monza. Unfortunately starting price is like $1500 and they are based in the UK.

Last edited:

ChrisGold

Reaction score

Thanks. Jacket looks good. I don't have leather experience but I like the look and feel. 

I also like the Lewis Super Monza. Unfortunately starting price is like $1500 and they are based in the UK. 

Yes, similar designs. The Cascade dates back a long time and the Lewis design is also decades old, both classics. If you start emailing with or calling over to Scotty at Langlitz, he can get you out a catalog plus a current price sheet. Note that the best resource for what is available on a Langlitz jacket is the combination of the three sites below, which are the Langlitz Japan sites that contain hundreds of good photos of custom jackets. They can replicate any of these, or you can pull out elements that you like for your own design.

http://langlitzjapan.seesaa.net

http://www.langlitzjapan.com

http://www.clublanglitz.com

Last edited:

TheObserver

Reaction score
Thanks man. I actually have an eighty-something weeks TOJ BCDR in the making. Still, I like learning more about other brands I havent heard of. Langlitz probably is one of those.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
liking the black version, grainy lamb is nice
i am not a fan of how his site doesn't show me enough of the jacket, keeps showing me angles, i kinda just want to see the product

Last edited:

ChrisGold

Reaction score

liking the black version, grainy lamb is nice

i am not a fan of how his site doesn't show me enough of the jacket, keeps showing me angles, i kinda just want to see the product

+1, a very grainy hide makes the jacket look "broken in" from day one, and gives a little extra pop to a classic jacket. I like what they've done with it.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is the most remarkable one I've ever seen. :drool:

Coat length: 96cm/37.8in from back of collar to hem. This is based on a size 48.
100% alligator skin, alligator mississippiensis, USA
Lining: 55% cupro, 45% cotton
Made in Italy

Reversible too.

$115,000 - off the peg.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads