• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a Mastermind deerskin jacket for a while. Incredibly thin and draped like silk. Didn't like it for that reason. Felt like rubberized leather, so that was weird.

But these look pretty thick so I imagine they hold their shape.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you say this is a pretty accurate representation of the fit of an Addict AD-01? Or is the body really not that long?

Lately I've been considering it, but now that I see it this way ... uh, no thanks.

Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 2.50.56 PM.png

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

zer0tails

Reaction score
how’s the quality with Our Legacy leather jackets ? Been eyeing one but holding off because I don’t know if they’re more a fashion jacket or the quality is gonna be good.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you say this is a pretty accurate representation of the fit of an Addict AD-01? Or is the body really not that long?

Lately I've been considering it, but now that I see it this way ... uh, no thanks.

View attachment 2061905

It’s weird because I like most of the AD-01 fits I’ve seen (although many are from the brand owner, who is 6 feet tall) but there’s a few like the one above where it looks too long. In that one however it feels kinda too big in general. I mean, it’s not that long (it’s not like it’s covering his junk) but it looks off. Looks like he’s got narrow shoulders.

But e.g. Alex Turner from Arctic Monkeys has one and he’s 5'7 or so and it doesn’t look long on him although it’s entirely possible that he got one custom made. FYI you can order custom length from Addict but only at a specific date (some sort of yearly event) and then takes several months to ship (this guy wouldn’t have had to go through that process, I’m sure).

76059d98ec32d53facce68184ac2b582.jpg

And take this video for example, the guy in it is like 5’6 and given his build he must be wearing a pretty big size (and still can’t zip it) and even though the sleeves way too long the jacket itself doesn’t look that long on him.

It’s definitely on the longer side, but going by measurements alone it’s in the same ballpark as e.g. the FCL version of the same jacket (both copies of the Lewis Leathers Corsair), the Tyler, which Rivet & Hide has at 26.25 inches for a size 40 (21in P2P). These jackets have a back drop so the back length will be longer.

I’ve liked this jacket since @nicelynice posted pics in this thread, and I think he was about my height (5’11).

Afv8sLv.jpg

e0fBMih.jpg

Soon I’ll be able to comment more about this jacket…

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A small japanese brand I’m following allows for all kinds of customisations (designs too, not just measurements) and most of the jackets look great, but there’s not many fit pics so unsure about the patterns.

Some dude ordered a 5zip clone. Looks off as expected but their standard models look good.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reckon that's a Lewis Leathers Corsair.

He has both, got the Addict in Japan while on tour.

The LL jackets he has have the logo, or at least some. And if some don’t then it must be due to his celeb status because they won’t remove it for average joes (deal breaker for me and many others).

1699109454943.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads