• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2057025

Acronym + 5zip gang! But 2015 so new cut.
it's interesting that the 5 zip is perhaps the only SF staple jacket that seems to pair well with more contemporary fits. all the japanese repro types only really seem to work with 'SF 2010' slim denim, and double riders have long since become suburban mom staple thanks to zara etc

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
- Sandro tan trucker in calf suede
- Sandro in burgundy calf + shearling collar
- Falcon Garments MA-1 in burgundy lamb
- Falcon Garments blue QDR in blue suede
- Falcon Garments A2 in brown goat
- Falcon Garments DR2 in black calf
- Blake Hedley black and toffe shearling
- Zara grey shearling
- 10sei0otto in black oiled calf

And just yesterday I placed an order for an Aero… that’s 10 I think.

I also have an old Superdry because it was my first leather jacket from before I had any interest in clothes, I don’t wear it but has sentimental value.

I’m going to get rid of the 10sei0otto, which happens to have the nicest leather of all the jackets I own (according to Fascinate in Japan it came from one of the tanneries Rick Owen uses/used) but not into that style anymore. Also probably the QDR in calf suede, it’s very nice but I always have problems adding blue to fits and it’s an inch longer than I’d like.

On my wish list there’s the 5zip (here’s the MM6 I was asking about, a calf one made in Italy, I wonder how it’s different from the main line https://www.ssense.com/en-it/men/product/mm6-maison-margiela/black-zip-leather-jacket/13366221) and maybe a grizzly and/or the Mr Freedom Lawrence. And if I were a millionaire I’d get a Real McCoy’s B-7 and buy a house in the Pyrenees to be able to wear it.

I have a similar problem with boots, way too many.

That’s quite a list, I have a Hugo Boss that I never wear but keep cuz I like it and it’s not worth selling.

🤔 my list
  1. FCL Leon custom
  2. 316 X Schott rough suede rider
  3. Iron heart self edge black battle edition
  4. Rick intarsia
  5. Rick stooges
  6. Rick high neck stooges
  7. Carol Christian Poell High Neck
  8. Carol Christian Poell Scarstitch

I think that’s it and #2 is not getting much wear but I recently started pulling out the FCL and wearing, still happy with it.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sinnedk that’s a great collection, I might have more jackets than you but those 2 CCP must cost more than my 9 jackets! Actually the Aero is the first one over $1k.

Today I have the feeling I’ve made a big mistake ordering the Aero… I might ask to get the order cancelled if that’s even possible, and then profusely apologise.

I really like the pics of many Aero jackets… when they’re on their own; then the fit pics… not so much. I think I might end up with a beautifully made jacket in an amazing leather, but boxy or generally ill fitting. Even over at Fedora Lounge it seems quite a few people think their patterns are not great. Also in many cases people go with the FQHH CXL which drapes like a wall of bricks so I guess that doesn’t help.

The fit pics of MrProper and hoodog give me some hope though.

MrProper

Reaction score
@sinnedk that’s a great collection, I might have more jackets than you but those 2 CCP must cost more than my 9 jackets! Actually the Aero is the first one over $1k.

Today I have the feeling I’ve made a big mistake ordering the Aero… I might ask to get the order cancelled if that’s even possible, and then profusely apologise.

I really like the pics of many Aero jackets… when they’re on their own; then the fit pics… not so much. I think I might end up with a beautifully made jacket in an amazing leather, but boxy or generally ill fitting. Even over at Fedora Lounge it seems quite a few people think their patterns are not great. Also in many cases people go with the FQHH CXL which drapes like a wall of bricks so I guess that doesn’t help.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Just like I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my new Aero, which is currently waiting for the machinist.
I think I'm something of an Aero fanboy, but it's still exciting every time. In the meantime I still have 6 Aero, all of which I like very much.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yea I know I spent a lot but I’m into this so jk regrets.

Good luck RE aero.

Might I suggest iron heart as an alternative

elongatedskull

Reaction score

You've really got to own the Aero tbh they do have a very distinct fit, I'm still adjusting to mine but at least it's cut short enough that it's not too vulgar.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpeg
    IMG_0358.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 240

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Just like I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my new Aero, which is currently waiting for the machinist.
I think I'm something of an Aero fanboy, but it's still exciting every time. In the meantime I still have 6 Aero, all of which I like very much.
I saw you praise the 5 star goat, which is what I have and agree. I was really happy with that leather.
But......do you recommend laying off of their HH?

MrProper

Reaction score
I saw you praise the 5 star goat, which is what I have and agree. I was really happy with that leather.
But......do you recommend laying off of their HH?
Unfortunately, I can not say anything about the newer leathers from FiveStar. The last two jackets I had from 5* were HH, but the first experiments. They were nice, but not nice enough to stand up next to my other jackets.
I have read that they have evolved the HH, but how it really is I can't say.
My impression is that 5* is now very focused on the military repro market. They are also not as cheap as they used to be and then the question of price performance ratio quickly arises.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads