• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Badalassi Aeromarine with navy blue wool lining via Thurston arrived today. Very glad I insisted on size 40 instead of 38 for this. Could even have gone up one more size in the chest, I think, but I don't plan on wearing more than a flannel + base layer under this so it's fine as is. All the other measurements are perfect. The buttons are very difficult to do and undo. Spent so long trying to do button it up that my gf's dog took a quick nap. Overall, very happy with it.

1.jpg

1a.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Badalassi Aeromarine with navy blue wool lining via Thurston arrived today. Very glad I insisted on size 40 instead of 38 for this. Could even have gone up one more size in the chest, I think, but I don't plan on wearing more than a flannel + base layer under this so it's fine as is. All the other measurements are perfect. The buttons are very difficult to do and undo. Spent so long trying to do button it up that my gf's dog took a quick nap. Overall, very happy with it.

View attachment 1747587

View attachment 1747588

View attachment 1747589

View attachment 1747590

View attachment 1747591

View attachment 1747592

View attachment 1747593

View attachment 1747594

View attachment 1747595

View attachment 1747596

How you find Badalassi? My premier highwayman that just arrived is Badalassi. I find it really good. Substantial and heavy, but not stiff at all.
It is squeaky though (I've been told it goes away)

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
How you find Badalassi? My premier highwayman that just arrived is Badalassi. I find it really good. Substantial and heavy, but not stiff at all.
It is squeaky though (I've been told it goes away)

Not too experienced with different leathers, honestly but I'm inclined to agree with your assessment. Mine is slightly stiff. Definitely squeaky as well though. Glad to hear that it'll subside.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1747587

View attachment 1747588

View attachment 1747589

View attachment 1747590

View attachment 1747591

View attachment 1747592

View attachment 1747593

View attachment 1747594

View attachment 1747595

View attachment 1747596

I love brown leather. I find it so much softer and easier to wear than black. Congrats. Looks like it fits great.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Another one for the heritage jackets thread:

View attachment 1747895

Zamb moonstar Henriksson—tbh I’m not much of a hoodie person and if I’d known the next season would have hoodless versions I might have held off.
you got the right one.
henriksson is more interesting than minimalist high neck in this type of leather, at leas to me anyways
Im wearing henriksson in black leather today.........the SS21 variant

tweedlover

Reaction score

View attachment 1747587

View attachment 1747588

View attachment 1747589

View attachment 1747590

View attachment 1747591

View attachment 1747592

View attachment 1747593

View attachment 1747594

View attachment 1747595

View attachment 1747596
Buttoned up it looks like a bit of a tight fit. Though, admittedly, I prefer my leather jackets to be a tad loose.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to a local leather shop and tried on a ton of jackets. Pretty much none of them fit me and those that did were a little "too" rock star for my tastes (Schott especially). One perfectoy style jacket was a perfect fit but it was lamb leather (though of good quality) and I am now very put off by that.

One from Stewart Leathers, a cafe racer style brown jacket in beautifully supple horsehide, "almost" fit me perfectly but the arm holes were too high up and dug into my armpits. I was tempted by that even though the colour of brown was not completely to my tastes, lacking warmth and richness.

They also had some Lewis Leather and Aero Leather jackets and they were ok but not super fashionable if I am honest. A little clunky in cut and thickness.

Finding a leather jacket that has the style and fit you want, off the shelf, is NOT easy. :(

Buttoned up it looks like a bit of a tight fit. Though, admittedly, I prefer my leather jackets to be a tad loose.
I have to agree that it looks pretty a pretty small fit. Not sure if the top two buttons are left undone for style or because they can't be fastened without being too tight.

CWV

Reaction score
Is there any place in NTC or Toronto where to find varied jacket offering? I mean different brands and styles.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any place in NTC or Toronto where to find varied jacket offering? I mean different brands and styles.

What's NTC?
In Toronto, not really. There is TownMoto on Ossington for Schott and few other moto brands.
We have Himel Bros for high end custom.
I guess that's not what you were looking for.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score

I have to agree that it looks pretty a pretty small fit. Not sure if the top two buttons are left undone for style or because they can't be fastened without being too tight.

It was a little tight but my main reason for not doing the top two was that my fingers couldn't take the punishment anymore. The buttons really are tough to get done.

CWV

Reaction score
What's NTC?
In Toronto, not really. There is TownMoto on Ossington for Schott and few other moto brands.
We have Himel Bros for high end custom.
I guess that's not what you were looking for.
Oh sry. NYC

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They also had some Lewis Leather and Aero Leather jackets and they were ok but not super fashionable if I am honest. A little clunky in cut and thickness.

Bear in mind that Aero and Lewis are made to measure by default, and have a variety of cuts within them (Aero probably has the biggest variety of any leather maker, even Schott.)

What the store ordered in doesn't indicate very much. They're also most likely to have ordered the Aeros in stiff CXL, which the majority of workwear customers want, but takes considerable break-in before it's wearable.

For instance, the Highwayman alone can be ordered in a 50s American cut, a trim 30s American cut, or a 50s British cut. The Cafe Racer and Board Racer can be identical in details yet one is a V-shaped jacket shape, the other is the Buco J-100 racing shirt shape, etc.

The jacket you liked, the Ridley, shares its pattern with the Board Racer– which is different from just about every other jacket in the collection.

Finding a leather jacket that has the style and fit you want, off the shelf, is NOT easy. :(

Usually, though occasionally something just works. (Much more common is that one thinks it works, and it very much doesn't…)

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you got the right one.
henriksson is more interesting than minimalist high neck in this type of leather, at leas to me anyways
Im wearing henriksson in black leather today.........the SS21 variant

great job, that leather is noice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads