• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Nice one, would like to pick this one up to compliment my 9L Riders jacket. Where did you get it/which stockist?

I purchased mine from Sonders Supply and got it in 2 days. They have it on sale right now and I got another 10% off from signing up for the newsletter.

As sinnedk mentioned, these things are super slim fitting. I never had to size up and typically size down but this is a t-shirt jacket.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very honestly, I thought it was nice but a but too expensive for what it is. I think Horweens FQHH is far superior to the horsehide that Addict uses, and the addict is double the price. With that said, overall construction of those jackets are really nice. I love the red quilted liner of those jackets and the stitching was A+. Are you planning on getting the AD01 in horse as well? I think that jacket looks excellent with their sheepskin

I think the ad01 has a subdued look so the horse gives it more of a pop

mykii2704

Reaction score
I purchased mine from Sonders Supply and got it in 2 days. They have it on sale right now and I got another 10% off from signing up for the newsletter.

As sinnedk mentioned, these things are super slim fitting. I never had to size up and typically size down but this is a t-shirt jacket.

Yeah it's interesting; everyone says to size-up but all the 9L stuff fits me very TTS. I have like... too much... 9L gear including their riders leather jacket.

Too bad Sonder doesn't stock smaller sizes; I've been watching their catalogue for several months. Have bought other stuff from them though and as you say, the shipping is lightning quick to the US considering it comes from the UK.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very honestly, I thought it was nice but a but too expensive for what it is. I think Horweens FQHH is far superior to the horsehide that Addict uses, and the addict is double the price. With that said, overall construction of those jackets are really nice. I love the red quilted liner of those jackets and the stitching was A+. Are you planning on getting the AD01 in horse as well? I think that jacket looks excellent with their sheepskin

Same opinion regarding the leather here.

the jacket just felt very flimsy compared to other things I handled. At the price point of $1500 I was just not happy with it and proportions were all off.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I wrote some or the custom makers, such as Goodwear, but they have yet to get back to me.

I think I will just buy OTR and RMC A2 is my first choice. I kind of like the olive trim but it seems the current one has a rust colored trim, which is not bad and I think it brings out the red hue of the leather.

However, looking at RMC jackets, I came across the Buco J-24. I was not looking for a moto style jacket, but that one is pretty cool and has a vintage look to it. A Canadian stockist has them for $2,140 which is a pretty good price as most places have them for about $300 more than that. Not as versatile as a bomber (e.g. cant really wear it to work with chinos) but a very cool jacket none the less. Anyone here have one?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if Goodwear doesn't get back to you. He arguably makes the best repro A2s but his wait list is YEARS deep.

The only comment I can make on RMC jackets is that they run small (true to Japanese brand sizing) most notably in chest, shoulders. I've only tried a 30's style half belt from RMC but felt it wasn't a perfect fit to spend 2k+ on.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if Goodwear doesn't get back to you. He arguably makes the best repro A2s but his wait list is YEARS deep.

The only comment I can make on RMC jackets is that they run small (true to Japanese brand sizing) most notably in chest, shoulders. I've only tried a 30's style half belt from RMC but felt it wasn't a perfect fit to spend 2k+ on.
Goodwear is backed up for like 10 years

Yeah, lurking on the Fedora lounge brought that up.

Also lurking there brought up some good info on the Imperial from Himel Bros. I chatted with them for a bit since I already have one of their jackets, they were willing to work with me and I now have a Imperial in Shinki Dark Shade Med Brown Oil on order. Funny how you go looking for one thing and end up with something completely different.

Here is the jacket and then pictures of a different jacket in the leather I ordered. Leather as it wears is supposed to show a bit more red. Should be fun to see how it turns out.

Help me pick some thread and a liner! I'm thinking the light brown thread and maybe the frog skin camo or more traditional Khaki twill. I'm concerned with flannel wearing out too early but I do like those patterns and the wool pattern best but I live in the south and lining it with wool would limit its use.

Hardware will be brass as I think that goes best with the leather and I like the way brass ages.

I'll consider this my 40th birthday gift to myself. :)

Imperial Dark1.jpg
Imperial Dark2.jpg
Medium Brown1.jpg
Medium Brown2.jpg
Annotation 2020-05-15 143925.png

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, lurking on the Fedora lounge brought that up.

Also lurking there brought up some good info on the Imperial from Himel Bros. I chatted with them for a bit since I already have one of their jackets, they were willing to work with me and I now have a Imperial in Shinki Dark Shade Med Brown Oil on order. Funny how you go looking for one thing and end up with something completely different.

Here is the jacket and then pictures of a different jacket in the leather I ordered. Leather as it wears is supposed to show a bit more red. Should be fun to see how it turns out.

Help me pick some thread and a liner! I'm thinking the light brown thread and maybe the frog skin camo or more traditional Khaki twill. I'm concerned with flannel wearing out too early but I do like those patterns and the wool pattern best but I live in the south and lining it with wool would limit its use.

Hardware will be brass as I think that goes best with the leather and I like the way brass ages.

I'll consider this my 40th birthday gift to myself. :)

View attachment 1389425 View attachment 1389426 View attachment 1389427 View attachment 1389428 View attachment 1389429

I think those retro-styles can look super cool if you're into a certain Inspiration LA look. Or it can go terribly wrong and you look like a musty dude.

Also think the guys who pull that look off are just kind of cool characters. Maybe something to beware of.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Imperial is the exact jacket I would order for myself. Not worth waiting for a Goodwear version imo.

Edit: Funny how we all can differ. These 'retro' looks of that jacket is what makes it classic to me, as opposed to the stuff like FCL or 9L or more modern interpretations of jackets.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Imperial is the exact jacket I would order for myself. Not worth waiting for a Goodwear version imo.

Edit: Funny how we all can differ. These 'retro' looks of that jacket is what makes it classic to me, as opposed to the stuff like FCL or 9L or more modern interpretations of jackets.

I obviously agree with you. I feel that some biker jackets start looking like they are trying too hard. I was obviously looking for something more classic as I am a father (albeit a stylish one ;) ) and I don't need to look like I'm hanging out in Ginza bars or something (even though a jacket like this would probably actually get respect there). I also have actual motorcycle jackets for riding so I don't really need the styled motorcycle jackets that are too precious to take a spill with.

I think good boots (Whites, John Lofgren, C&J), raw, well-fitting Japanese denim, and a leather jacket that is pretty original which you don't see every day will work just fine. I do agree that the second one's back is a bit busy, I simply showed that for the leather that I'm getting to help myself visualize.

I think I will just go with the Khaki till as it won't distract from the rest of the jacket and cotton will be more practial here in the South.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I obviously agree with you. I feel that some biker jackets start looking like they are trying too hard. I was obviously looking for something more classic as I am a father (albeit a stylish one ;) ) and I don't need to look like I'm hanging out in Ginza bars or something (even though a jacket like this would probably actually get respect there). I also have actual motorcycle jackets for riding so I don't really need the styled motorcycle jackets that are too precious to take a spill with.

I think good boots (Whites, John Lofgren, C&J), raw, well-fitting Japanese denim, and a leather jacket that is pretty original which you don't see every day will work just fine. I do agree that the second one's back is a bit busy, I simply showed that for the leather that I'm getting to help myself visualize.

I think I will just go with the Khaki till as it won't distract from the rest of the jacket and cotton will be more practial here in the South.
A couple days ago, Ethan Newton called the Imperial "perfection." If you vibe w/ his vibe, it's hard to get a more legit cosign.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the same jacket, but Himel and similar style on Kenji Cheung from Brycelands.
42429219_683339815381435_7026803381431941338_n.jpg

43598564_1186969144774237_739583378829758614_n.jpg

I'm sure there's similar pics of Ethan as well out there, I just happen to look more like Kenji (Asian, I mean, not strikingly handsome) so those are the photos I hold on to.

This thread is pretty divided on the more 1930s-1940s styles w/ action backs etc, but if you know what you like who cares what @sinnedk thinks :nest:. At the very least, it'll stop him from stealing the jacket out of the trunk of your car.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk