• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bullitt

Reaction score

Deva

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I ordered a Vanson leather custom jacket late january and have not heard back from them since. Is this standard procedure or should i be concerned?

Thanks

Last edited:

ChrisGold

Reaction score

Hey everyone,

I ordered a Vanson leather custom jacket late january and have not heard back from them since. Is this standard procedure or should i be concerned?

Thanks

That's their reputation, unfortunately. I do know they are in a leather shortage that's currently affecting deliveries. You may want to become a squeaky wheel as they are going to have to fill certain orders as leather supply trickles in.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who's gonna do the customization?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's gonna do the customization?
Me. I am pretty handy with Chinese water colors, and those flowers are all in that style, just with acrylic paint. I will get the material from some old Chinese tapestries I have, or maybe I'll cut a piece out of an old Cheong Sam. I have hand stitched leather before. It's not hard, it's just a PITA. Looks like I'll need some high guage gold thread.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finished final sample of the Styleforum x @luxire moto jacket. This is the unedited fit picture of the front of the moto (size 40).

Just a few more tweaks in the ordering process, the copy, and a crop and edit, and we'll be good to go! Watch for it.

phosej

Reaction score

Finished final sample of the Styleforum x @luxire
 moto jacket.  This is the unedited fit picture of the front of the moto  (size 40).

Is this the intended fit? The shoulders look too wide and the front length looks very cropped (although I cannot see where the jeans are sitting on the hips). Regardless, looking forward to more pics.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the intended fit? The shoulders look too wide and the front length looks very cropped (although I cannot see where the jeans are sitting on the hips). Regardless, looking forward to more pics.
The shoulders are cut in a slightly more modern way, with a slightly dropped shoulder, not unlike the Margiela 5 zip jacket. It's a bit more accentuated because I have a sloped shoulders and the jacket is open. Though I personally like traditional jackets that have a very high shoulder, it's also what makes them look very "motorcycle". What you should be looking at on that jacket is the way there is nearly no excess material at the armpits - that is how you can determine where the jacket hits. I have a couple of dozen cafe riders, a fair number of them custom made, and I can say that this one fits best (it took three sample to get it right, but we did get there.)

The length is right. My jeans hang very low on my hips. I'll post a back picture when it is ready The back length is 25.5" or so, which is going to right for size 40 guys between about 5'9" and 6'. Guys taller or shorter will want to adjust that length slightly. for the size. Once I have one, I will post a back picture, and you should be able to see how low my jeans sit.

Re. the use of the word "cropped", a jacket can be short without being cropped. Cropped refers to a very specific look in which the length is truncated on purpose - so, on a cropped sportsjacket, for example, the hip pockets are very close to the hem.

Last edited:

edmundrz

Reaction score
For women, but pretty frickin' awesome. I'm going to get a jacket and paint and embroider it for my wife in a similar style

FW16 Etro:
(on far left)

This jacket is beautiful. Honestly without the flowers and a change of the picture it could also be manly enough to rock.

proteinnerd

Reaction score

I have to agree, at least from these pics. The shoulders look too wide, body length looks too short and the chest pockets look too wide or long.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@LA Guy that jacket would be way longer if motorcycle was part of the equation at all.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, at least from these pics. The shoulders look too wide, body length looks too short and the chest pockets look too wide or long.
the shoulders are not too wide. However, they are cut without taking into account my rolled forward shoulders, because I'm guessing that most guys wanting it are not going to have my boxers shoulders. I took a fast pic to show this, but it won't load right now. I'll try again tomorrow.

It does remind me though, why fit pics áre such a bad idea for any product shot. Also, the Jacket will hit a standard 5'11" just under the belt line or dead on.

People can adjust from the stock measurements, of course, but it's typically not going to be an awesome idea to try to design from scratch.

Edit: more succinctly, the sleeveheads are not cut for my specific shoulders.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member