• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m selling a couple of things if anybody is interested.

Terracotta linen
Size 42
“Oversized shirt”

25” pit to pit
20” shoulder
33” back length (dropped hem)
24.25” sleeve (shoulder to cuff)

————
Two pleat trouser
Arabica linen

Size 50, but they fit small ime so they have been professionally tailored to let the waist out

17.6” waist
12.5” rise
33.5” inseam
8.5” hem

Attachments

• IMG_7326.jpeg
    IMG_7326.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7328.jpeg
    IMG_7328.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7329.jpeg
    IMG_7329.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7327.jpeg
    IMG_7327.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7330.jpeg
    IMG_7330.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7331.jpeg
    IMG_7331.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7332.jpeg
    IMG_7332.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7333.jpeg
    IMG_7333.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7335.jpeg
    IMG_7335.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_7336.jpeg
    IMG_7336.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 392

itbegins

Reaction score
Just happened across one of the OG Pecora Nera undyed full zip sweaters if anyone is a M.

If whomever bought this wants to trade for a size S, I have one that is NWT.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do. I added the vest to cart (474 euros) and it drops to 395 after I input info.

Not sure on first time discount.

FavoringHades

Reaction score
Does DBF not take away VAT for US orders? Also, are there any discounts for first time purchases?
I don't believe it is broken. There was a discussion earlier in this thread and this is what Deborah said a few pages back:
Hi ! This is Deborah writing from the general DBF Styleforum account. Our price policy regarding US sales should have been in line with the USD prices you can get from our retailers. As they buy Ex-Works and have to add taxes and duties to import our garments, for our direct sales to be fair competition with them and have a globalized price policy, we had to increase prices before tax by 20% so that this will be in line with the USD prices you can find at our vendors in the domestic market. The fact that we hadn't done this before was creating tension with our retailers over their legitimate concerns this was unfair competition. in the future we are hoping to have a feature on our website that will just give you landed USD prices so that everything will be consistent. Thanks for supporting us, our direct sales, and our USA vendors. My best.

As for a first-time discount code, there used to be one if you signed up for their email list, but I don't know if they have continued this.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@deborah_dbf I ran into an issue with one of my newer pairs of hiking trousers. Because of how the excess waistband was cut away on the bottom of each side, it makes it impossible to let the trousers out in the waist at all (making them unwearable for me at the moment). In fact, because it was trimmed so closely, it’s going to be hard just to sew it back together. My older hiking trousers were not like this. You may want to let Atelier Arthur know that they shouldn’t trim away any of the excess waistband material.
IMG_2231.jpeg

Last edited:

true.to.size

Reaction score
@deborah_dbf I ran into an issue with one of my newer pairs of hiking trousers. Because of how the excess waistband was cut away on the bottom of each side, it makes it impossible to let the trousers out in the waist at all (making them unwearable for me at the moment). In fact, because it was trimmed so closely, it’s going to be hard just to sew it back together. My older hiking trousers were not like this. You may want to let Atelier Arthur know that they shouldn’t trim away any of the excess waistband material.
View attachment 2152645
I have a pair of two-pleat trousers that had the same issue with the waistband. I ended up making a patch with a similar fabric (it in effect kind of looks like the patch on a pair of jeans, but centered). It's certainly not the neatest solution, but they are wearable now... I just don't tuck in shirts into these pants haha.

I don't recall the atelier and the pants are in storage (but will probably be unpacked soon).

I have another pair of two pleats that didn't have that issue (and I was taking them in, not out, so it didn't matter anyway).

mrthanh

Reaction score
I want to sell it size S, new without tag.

Attachments

• IMG_1468.jpeg
    IMG_1468.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1470.jpeg
    IMG_1470.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1471.jpeg
    IMG_1471.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 463

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of two-pleat trousers that had the same issue with the waistband. I ended up making a patch with a similar fabric (it in effect kind of looks like the patch on a pair of jeans, but centered). It's certainly not the neatest solution, but they are wearable now... I just don't tuck in shirts into these pants haha.

I don't recall the atelier and the pants are in storage (but will probably be unpacked soon).

I have another pair of two pleats that didn't have that issue (and I was taking them in, not out, so it didn't matter anyway).
I slept on the problem and realized early this morning that I could add a small patch as you suggest and it would be covered by the large belt loop 👍

I think I must be a 51. If I buy 50, I have to let them out a little, and if I buy 52, I have to take them in.

deborah_dbf

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for bringing this to our attention !

Thethrill

Reaction score
Question: How do you store the granddad coat in the warmer months? I'm worried that with the weight of it, even on a rounded hanger it will get stretched at the shoulders. Any input is appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads