• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Le De Bonne Facture Thread

zranger102797

Reaction score
How does the cable knit sweater fit? I usually go up a size with DBF, but the website says that you can also choose a size smaller (I wear L in pecora nera sweater. M would be fine but a little bit small).
I went down a size in the mock neck from this season and the cable knit. I’m a large in most other brands, but the mediums fit great, and I think larges would be too long in the sleeve especially for me.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a grandad coat. Size 54 Charcoal wool. Unworn, new with tags. $500 plus shipping. DM me if interested.

IMG_8158.jpeg
IMG_8157.jpeg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the cable knit sweater fit? I usually go up a size with DBF, but the website says that you can also choose a size smaller (I wear L in pecora nera sweater. M would be fine but a little bit small).
I'm wearing a size L Cable Knit. It's wide in the sides and plenty of room in the arms. It is loosening up a bit, so it flows/drapes (not sure how else to describe it) much better now after multiple wears.

Going by the given measurements I think M may look better in the chest and sides, but too short in length. If I bought another, I'd go with an L again.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it @Easily Amused ! Share some photos of the balloon trousers if you happen to have them 😉

Don't think I have any Balloon pics yet. I'll aim to wear the winter white tomorrow!

@Easily Amused @zranger102797

Thank you very much for your opinions. I'll go through the measurements again and then decide. If anyone is interested in the result, I'll be happy to share it here.

Please let us know what you decide, and please do share fit pics of the result, I personally enjoy seeing how others style their DBF.

zranger102797

Reaction score
Speaking of how others style their DBF, this is how I styled this season’s plum overshirt as part of my proposal fit. I had on a grayish green Lady White Co tee, the plum overshirt, ecru chino-style jeans from Document Korea, and some brown suede chukkas from Alden. Looking back, I’m very happy with how the fit came out!

Attachments

• 1704312672115.jpeg
    1704312672115.jpeg
    565.3 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of how others style their DBF, this is how I styled this season’s plum overshirt as part of my proposal fit. I had on a grayish green Lady White Co tee, the plum overshirt, ecru chino-style jeans from Document Korea, and some brown suede chukkas from Alden. Looking back, I’m very happy with how the fit came out!
Congrats!

Rookoobay

Reaction score
I probably have a pair of the white balloon trousers from last winter available (worn once). size 50, a bit too trim in the waist for me (34) - best for a 32 or 33. DM if interested.

illiterate

Reaction score
Probably a long shot but anybody got a line on a Parisian raglan coat in navy houndstooth sizes 48 or 50?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you that own the balloon trouser and hiking trouser, which do you prefer? Huge fan of DBF but I’ve somehow haven’t tried their trousers yet.
I would just try both and see what you like better. I’m a huge fan of the hiking trousers but am not interested in the balloon trousers.
I went with my usual size in the Aran knit and am happy with the fit. The sleeves are plenty long and the body length is average. It’s a somewhat boxy fit.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you fellas find it best to size up for balloon trousers? I’m typically a 48 or 32 waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads