• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Largest ready-to-wear suit brand review (44 brands) by Parisian Gentleman [Updated]

Displacement

Reaction score
These were fabulous writeups. I've already shared them with several people and I imagine I will continue to do so. I hope we will see more from this soon.

I'd appreciate if you would consider Cantarelli among the next round of write-ups if others feel there is demand for it.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that Hugo sent me a message some weeks ago because I feel Oxxford should be known by more Europeans. As far as I know, it's not offered outside America but the quality is there. I do wish they'd have neater buttonholes and higher gorges, but these can be had through the factory's MTM service. I've never handled suits from other makers with lapels that roll so sharply back when bent out of their pressed state. It really is best seen instead of read about. Trouble is, suits from less tailored companies just don't appeal in the same way anymore. This is partly why I wrote just a single piece in this meta analysis, which will hopefully grow ever larger. Perhaps Will from ASW could chime in if the post is updated with more companies.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing writeup. Would also love to see d'Avenza on the list, but with its sale to Cucinelli, I'm not sure how much longer we're actually going to HAVE a d'Avenza

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Great write up but this needs to be fixed

"LIVERANO & LIVERANO

The most Japanese of [COLOR=FF00AA]Neapolitan [/COLOR]houses"

Liverano is Florentine and Isaia has not produced private label goods for an outside brand in years. Our factory (called Michelangelo and owned by the Isaia family) produced Liverano RTW in the past to the same standards of make that the Eidos line is produced at.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Liverano is Florentine and Isaia has not produced private label goods for an outside brand in years. Our factory (called Michelangelo and owned by the Isaia family) produced Liverano RTW in the past to the same standards of make that the Eidos line is produced at.
I was highlighting the error and they already changed it from Neapolitan to a more general Italian

Your stuff should also be reviewed, they look great.

Hugo Jacomet

Reaction score
The original text says "Florentine" (and believe me we know Firenze quite well :)) but the version Paul copied here can't be changed...

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hugo, the original version pasted here and your site said neapolitan that's why I highlighted it. Sure it was a slip up and everybody makes them. So not to take away from the awesome write up let's just keep this moving...

Do consider Cantarelli, LBM, D'avenza in your next review. Cheers

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the market for another suit and this was exactly what I needed. Extremely informative and broadened my search immensely. Thank you so much for the time and effort it took to put this together.

Last edited:

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair play for updating this list.

Ede and Ravenscroft review seems fair. However, I would point out that the trousers have no belt loops just side adjusters and braces buttons. They do have zip flies though unlike Cordings or Pakeman.

Marks and Spencer is a big player in the UK. They have different ranges of suits but they still do warrant inclusion in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads