• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lands end canvas 40% off one item

polarcreamsoda

Reaction score
If anyone's a fan of lands end canvas, they have a 40 percent off your highest priced item sale going on right now with free shipping included. You can do separate orders and apply the code each time to get 40% off anything on the site with free shipping. the code is APRIL40, pin is 1164.

I went on an inexpensive shopping spree picking up their khaki peacoat, marled heritage blazer, navy heritage blazer, assorted poplin casual shirts, checked poplin scarf, and finally a shawl collar cardigan. Totaling just under 250 dollars. pretty good for what you are getting.

im also debating whether i want to pick up their macneil wingtips or plain toe buchers which are made by allen edmonds. great pricing with 40 percent off, practically a steal for 195 brand new.

promotion ends tomorrow!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, nice, it worked. Bought these shoes for $60 shipped. What do you guys think of them? Should I cancel my order before it's too late?

TRA8324

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Oh, nice, it worked. Bought these shoes for $60 shipped. What do you guys think of them? Should I cancel my order before it's too late?

Seem fine to me. If you don't like them, i've been happy with my Bass bucks that retail for around the same price.

https://bassshoes.harborghb.com/bass...-classics-mens

I don't understand the people that pay $500 for the Alden bucks, when they're essentially a knock around shoe.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
Seem fine to me. If you don't like them, i've been happy with my Bass bucks that retail for around the same price.

https://bassshoes.harborghb.com/bass...-classics-mens

I don't understand the people that pay $500 for the Alden bucks, when they're essentially a knock around shoe.

I don't understand why people buy Alden shoes at all. They all seem too clunky and generic looking. And given all the recent complaints about QC, I don't think they are worth it even at half the price.

Thanks for the Bass link. Those seems nice and they have some different colors, too. Might get a light blue buck later on.
devil.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juvefan
They have a very liberal return policy. I'd try them first

True! I returned an unused shirt after a year and a half (!).
laugh.gif

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I don't understand why people buy Alden shoes at all. They all seem too clunky and generic looking. And given all the recent complaints about QC, I don't think they are worth it even at half the price.
I slowly learned that many folks prefer the clunky looks over the sleaker lasts. Also, the "made in USA" part is the must to some.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juvefan
And I felt bad when I went to exchange something a few weeks later
Well, at least it was unused! A friend of my Mom's returned a blanket to Sears after 2 years because some of the threads started pulling a bit. And in any case, I buy so much stuff for myself and my apartment from LE that they've made more money on me than they lost. If you're buying stuff from them, their Canvas polos and some of the sweaters are very slim-fitting with high armholes.
Originally Posted by onix
I slowly learned that many folks prefer the clunky looks over the sleaker lasts. Also, the "made in USA" part is the must to some.
I understand that some people might like the shape, but why spend so much money on those shoes when the same shape is readily available for 1/3 the price? I'd understand if the quality were there, but it seems that it isn't anymore...
Originally Posted by TRA8324
damnit, now i want to buy these in red...
Channeling your inner spoozy?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member