• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kobayashi loses!

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
The Hebrew National/Australian Shepherd mix. With moustard.

Did you ever try, the luxury hotdog from, Neiman Ranch ??

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
Did you ever try, the luxury hotdog from, Neiman Ranch ??

I have... but I still prefer the Jewish dogs. Somehow they seem "cleaner" than the "all natural" ones.

smile.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone actually watch "Glutton Bowl" several years ago? It was on FOX, it included eating bowls of Mayonayse, sheep brains, and the only one no one could finish, a 12 foot long sushi roll (one foot of which was solid Wasabi!).

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like his name is now "No-bayashi"!
laugh.gif

This story is just hard to swallow...
blush.gif

nathanscontest025vg5.jpg

5420hot20dogsln6.jpg

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
I wonder what they do after the contest? Do you think they throw it all up or just let it digest?

Good question. If given the choice of throwing up, or shatting it out, I dunno what I'd choose. I hate throwing up, but I'd also hate to sit down on the pot for 3 hours constipated and squeezing out logs of white bread and mystery meat.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate throwing up too and can't imagine how long it would take 66 hot dogs to come up and what kind of condition they would be in. I would imagine it would hurt because they would still be relatively solid and scrape the lining of your throat on the way up.

I guess it is better than digesting all that crap into your body but either way it is bad. One Nathan's Hot Dog (without bun) is 20.1G of Fat, 309 Calories, 684mg Sodium, and 35mg of Cholesterol.

So if we do the simple math on the world record that would be ~ 1326.6G Fat, 20,394 Calories, 45144mg Sodium, and 2310mg Cholesterol.

If you factor in a typical bun is ~ 120 Calories, 2G Fat, 38mg Sodium, and 36G Carbs, the number is just rediculous.

I think all your organs would consult with each other and just go, WTF?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I have... but I still prefer the Jewish dogs. Somehow they seem "cleaner" than the "all natural" ones.

smile.gif

What of, halah hotdogs ?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds like most of them digest it like a man. I heard this afternoon that Chestnut has not eaten anything since the contest. (sounds obvious but I didnt know for sure)

minhi

Reaction score
it's also against the rules to throw it up right after the contest, i guess you could wait until you're alone, but by that time you're stomach is full of acid as it's digesting so i would imagine it would be even more painful. chestnut said he didn't really eat two days prior as well, so i guess they have some strategy to work it off. have you seen some of these guys? they look pretty cut/in shape...

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minhi
they look pretty cut/in shape...
Look at those freak ab muscles!
Takeru_kobayashi_ab2005.jpg

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Japan, I remember watching Kobayashi and other champions in a all you can eat contest (not speed eating), and they showed x-rays of their stomachs. They are not like you and me, and have freak organs.

ATM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
In Japan, I remember watching Kobayashi and other champions in a all you can eat contest (not speed eating), and they showed x-rays of their stomachs. They are not like you and me, and have freak organs.

I remember hearing that some of them train by drinking enormous amounts of water to stretch their stomachs. No calories!
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members