• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton

Mecnun

Reaction score
I visited the new Kiton store in London yesterday. The manager was bragging how their suits are much better then Brioni and their shoes are the best in the world. I have only Brioni suit in my wardrobe and am generally very happy with them (I get MTM) and John Lobb Prestige for shoes. Can forum members pls tell me if Kiton is better in suits and shoes then Brioni and JL?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
although kiton shoes are a very lux item, they are very high-end and very substantial, the designs are very aesthetic, antiquing, leathers, and construction are premium.
but i would not say they are the best in the world, they can give JL rtw a run for their money, but they are worth almost twice the price
kiton shoes are sometimes on sale and if you can get a pair for a grand that is usually a great deal

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I prefer Kiton to Brioni and Attolini to both of them. But Kiton/Brioni seems to be mostly a style and fabric issue in difference.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry guys,best shoes in the world?
Having a laugh or what?
Some artisans are doing better shoes than Kiton especially with bespoke models...
G&G,Delos,Gomez,Suzuki,Corthay and so many others....
I have a Kiton and a Brioni and i like them both but the bragging bit about being the world best .....A bit of posturing?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
nest.gif
peepwall[1].gif

laugh.gif

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellow Brioni fan here-- I recently bought my first MTM, and love it. Although I would like to own ONE kiton sportcoat or suit, Brioni is more to my tastes (originally from Chicago, so squared shoulders and a power sillouette generally appeal to me more than the soft lines of kiton). Also, like you I'm a fan of the Lobb Prestige line of shoes-- kiton are approximately double the price. I took a look at them in Bergdorf, they are extremely nice but they certainly don't put my Lobbs to shame or anything like that.

I'd be interested in seeing your MTMs, if you wouldn't mind posting photos! I've posted photos of me trying on my latest Brioni about six times on the forum, everyone is getting sick of it. can't wait to wear it this fall!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do confess having a certain weakness for Brioni....
Kiton is nice and sharp but not as powerful than Brioni but it is only a question ofItaste.................
i did buy on friday a Ralph Lauren ticket pocket tailored suit super100 ,a bit more robust than the rest of my wardrobe mainly 120,130or1450.......
Was on sales £950 instead of £1350 ...
It is a lovely suit but not a Brioni....
Kiton is making very good suits but being the best suits in the world?
Beauty is the eye of the beholder or in that case the shop manager!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads