• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kiton suit on ebay - thoughts please

Corniche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by guroed
thinking about making an offer on this suit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-9250-KITON-S...mZ120489051114

any thoughts? problems? what would be a fair price?

That seller is " famous" on the sale section as he has a lot of 100 Borrelli shirts for 6600 $ and some people contacted. Also had some great Borrelli shoes at great price.

Some people said he send totally different items to them and some other got great stuff at a cheapo price.

Seems like a lottery for 2200 are not 250 for a pair of shoes.

By the way I got a Pal Zileri suit in 2 button quite similar. I don´t like Kiton but that one seems very handsome .

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Corniche
That seller is " famous" on the sale section as he has a lot of 100 Borrelli shirts for 6600 $ and some people contacted. Also had some great Borrelli shoes at great price.

Some people said he send totally different items to them and some other got great stuff at a cheapo price.

Seems like a lottery for 2200 are not 250 for a pair of shoes.

By the way I got a Pal Zileri suit in 2 button quite similar. I don´t like Kiton but that one seems very handsome .

I think the asking price is too high for an Ebay Kiton

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a dozen shirts from her a few weeks back. All were legit and deeply discounted. Communication is a little challenging (think she uses babelfish) but quick shipping (1 week from Italy), and reasonable.

rogerm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
+1. I've seen new Kiton suits on eBay for around $700-$800

I sort of agree with this. I think the price is to high for that style. Most Kiton suits, that end up on sale, are patterns that don't sell well in stores. It's a dark suit, but the stripes are really far apart and seem very boring and a little dated (IMO). I think the price point on this suit is high, especially for ebay. I've seen Kiton suits on the last call racks at Neimans for around 2K-4K - depending on the suit (cut/fabric/color combo). It's mostly luck if you can find something in your size at a end-of-season sale.

As for people saying I've seen Kiton suits on ebay for much less, I've seen used Kiton suits for that much (700-800). I've seen newer Kiton suits for a little more, but every time they are for something nobody really wants (undesirable pattern/DB/dated cut...etc). Point out a solid navy, charcoat/tan Kiton suit/sportcoat in a current model on ebay for anywhere $700-$800. It ain't going to happen (at least for more than 5 minutes).

You would have better luck trying to source a suit from Ian at shopthefinest.com

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a very recent 3 button navy flannel Kiton suit on eBay for a lousy $310 a few months ago.
baldy[1].gif
Side vents, high notch on the lapel, higher button stance. The thing was mint - looks like it was worn 5-10 times max. Shoulda kept it and had it tailored down to my size

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
Hm, $70.50 a shirt if you buy 100? WHere the hell did they get that many Borrelli shirts, must have a few hundred...

Guessing a store went **** up, or they picked up a bunch of unsold inventory. The shirts I bought appear to be real. They're the same as all my other borrelli shirts. So for a little under $100 per shirt I got quite a deal.

She has 100's ranging from size 38-44EU.

Technically the very best deal I've ever scored on NWT slim-fit borrelli shirts.

pkincy

Reaction score
The price seems a bit high; both the retail price and the ebay price.

However I don't believe I have ever seen a NWT Kiton in 14 Micron for 700-800. Maybe well used.

My guess is that the suit is probably a buy at $1700-1900. It probably is retailing today in the $7000-8000 range. Yes you can see them for $8500 but only at the NY store.

If this is your size and you are sure of that, you might try an offer to see if she will accept it about $500 less than asking.

NWT at 30-35% of retail when it was new seems about right on Ebay and this is a bit of a staple color.. Assume it is a season or two old and that the price at that time was $6000-6500 and you are not too far off her asking price.

Perry

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the assumption that you can buy new Kiton tailored anything for $700-800 from Ebay is bit of a stretch, especially given how much they retail today. I think for the suit in question, $2000 is reasonable, which is probably less than 30% of retail. The suit in question does look recent but is quite boring.

Wicky

Reaction score
Full retail price on a Kiton suit in S150 (Diamante Blue) in Rome Italy is in the range of € 2.5 - 3K, the cashmere and cashmere blend ones retail north of € 3K. During sales season they are all up to 50% off, so you can pick up a recent Kiton suit new with tags for approx € 1,250 and up. Only on bigger sizes they seem to go even lower (probably has to do with the fact that there are not much Italians with size EU 56 and above). In my view these Italian Ebay sellers overstate the prices a bit too much and that is anoying. When in Italy I have never seen a Borrelli shirt for € 450 or over, yet they say retail is $680 or more.

mccvi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
Guessing a store went **** up, or they picked up a bunch of unsold inventory. The shirts I bought appear to be real. They're the same as all my other borrelli shirts. So for a little under $100 per shirt I got quite a deal.

She has 100's ranging from size 38-44EU.

Technically the very best deal I've ever scored on NWT slim-fit borrelli shirts.

Agreed and seconded. I purchased a couple as well and everything appears good. In addition, they have the slimmer european cut obviating the need to have them taken in.

Hengo

Reaction score
I also bought several Borrelli Luxury Vintage shirts from this seller. Excellent shirts (all recent models) at great prices. As someone said, try to negotiate the price about 500 down. Negative aspect of this seller is that he (or she) does not communicate whatsoever (only about price). If it is precisely the suit you are looking for and the measurements are correct, and you know that Kiton fits you well, I'd say go for it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads