• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton "Diamonte Blu"

rgould

Reaction score
Diamante* Blu -This is some type of fabric they use based on the label but otherwise I don't know what it means. Does anyone have any info on this? I have googled high and low and can't find anything

Last edited:

Cifodeluca

Reaction score
I have two Kiton suits which I bought in 1995 when they were still affordable, before the Euro was introduced, invoiced in good old Italian Lira.

Both are Super 150 wool in the same charcoal colour, one of them is labelled "Diamante Blu". The Diamante Blu fabric is considerably softer than the standard Super 150 fabric, almost as if it was made of Cashmere, but the label for both fabrics says 100% wool.

To me it seems as if the Diamante Blu fabric has either undergone a different treatment than the standard fabric or was made of softer fibres, maybe only from wool from under the neck of newborn lambs, whereas the standard fabric might consist of wool from the whole body of adult sheep. But this is just creative guessing.

rgould

Reaction score
Thanks very much. Sounds very fancy. Anyone know if it's a current thing or implies a suit is dated?

JensenH

Reaction score
Diamante Blu 150s is produced exclusively for Kiton by a small weaver in England using old looms and presses. It is an ultra-light weight wool that, when made into a suit, wears very comfortably. It is delicate and I therefore wear mine only for more formal events.

Kiton continues to make suits using this fabric. You don't see many due to the English weaver's production capability and also the price point which is high even for Kiton.

Last edited:

rgould

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I recently bought a suit with that on eBay and while it was ok- I was not blown away the way I usually am when I handle a Kiton suit at Bergdorf. Seemed like just good but not special.

youlovvm

Reaction score
You don't see many due to the English weaver's production capability and also the price point which is high even for Kiton.
50.gif

Last edited:

Cifodeluca

Reaction score
Thanks for your clarification, JensenH. I can confirm it wears very comfortably, I used to say it looks like a suit but feels like wearing a t-shirt. It is less delicate than it feels though. I have given mine a lot of wear in the office and it still does not show signs of wearing. Not even the trousers. An unfortunate occurrence: my wardrobe got infested by moths once. Believe it or not, they left everything untouched besides a Barbour lambswool sweater and my Diamante Blu suit. My conclusion was that those moths must have have a very special taste. I was happy that my mother managed to mend the holes by long hours of patient needlework.

JensenH

Reaction score
Glad to know they are not as delicate as they look. The moths had expensive taste :). You mother really came through for you though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads