• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That so interesting, My 2 feels ******* massive in the body and pretty long body wise. Are the denim ones that different from the other materials?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That so interesting, My 2 feels ******* massive in the body and pretty long body wise. Are the denim ones that different from the other materials?

I believe the denim ones are a bit larger or at the very least a bit longer. I own a black wool ring coat in size 2 and a denim in size 3, and much much much prefer the fit of the denim ring coat. The 2 works fine, although it could be a bit longer in the body, but the 3 is just the right amount of oversized.

MythReindeer

Reaction score
Kapital is what you make of it, do you like the sleeve length or is it something that will bother you? I have a size 2 in denim and it fits me great but I will say that I'm 6'2 and I generally wear 24-26 inch sleeve. It fits me perfectly at the wrist without bunching too much.
Me sowing: Haha weird coat!!! Yes!!
Me reaping: Well this coat is weird. What the ****.

I've been wearing it around the house and I'm getting a better feeling for how to do the sleeves. Thanks for the perspective.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the denim ones are a bit larger or at the very least a bit longer. I own a black wool ring coat in size 2 and a denim in size 3, and much much much prefer the fit of the denim ring coat. The 2 works fine, although it could be a bit longer in the body, but the 3 is just the right amount of oversized.

Interesting, I legit fit a vintage western yolk down vest, big woolrich flannel, and a waffle knit turtleneck comfortably under my ring coat.

Maybe since mine was Kountru remake, it has a slightly larger size. I love it either way.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I legit fit a vintage western yolk down vest, big woolrich flannel, and a waffle knit turtleneck comfortably under my ring coat.

Maybe since mine was Kountru remake, it has a slightly larger size. I love it either way.

So like even my size 2 ring coat I can fit a thick sweater and a bunch of other stuff too if I wanted. But maybe its the length of the sleeves and the length of the jacket itself. The 3 is generally better.

I think even with a 1 I could fit all the sweaters, etc, under it that I wanted. But it would totally not fit right.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new in these parts. After reading a bunch of things and looking at a bunch of pics, I ordered a wool Ring Coat. It's pretty cool but I have a question about the sleeves. I'm 5' 9", about 155 lb, and have slightly short arms. I got a size 2 and the sleeves seem pretty long, though I like the length in the body. Is that normal? I see some pictures with the sleeves cuffed, though not many. It's not unusual for me to find things a bit long in the sleeves, but I've never owned a coat like this so I'm not sure what can be chalked up to "that's how the coat is" and what indicates it isn't for me.

FWIW, I'm 5'10", have a 38 chest, and weigh about 150lbs. I wear a size 2 in the Ring Coat.

MythReindeer

Reaction score
FWIW, I'm 5'10", have a 38 chest, and weigh about 150lbs. I wear a size 2 in the Ring Coat.
Thanks! I think the size is right. It’s just a new sort of thing for me. And funnily enough, you were kind enough to answer a couple of my questions on Twitter that helped me decide to buy it, so thanks a lot for that!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks! I think the size is right. It’s just a new sort of thing for me. And funnily enough, you were kind enough to answer a couple of my questions on Twitter that helped me decide to buy it, so thanks a lot for that!

Glad to help!

If it's just the sleeves, I would personally just roll them back with a single fold. But if it bothered you, I suppose you could also get them tailored (meaning shortening them).

The whole Kapital aesthetic is so hobo and wonky, I personally wouldn't sweat it. Although I do find that oversized coats such as the Ring coat look best with a chunky sweater underneath. I think it helps to have something underneath fill the space, especially if you're slim-ish.

brightorangetrousers

Reaction score
Here you go:

Purple rayon one with a little floral embroidery:
(Colour is more accurate in original pic)
20201206_153318.jpg

And the aquamarine boiled wool one:
20201206_153427.jpg

Moar pics please

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More pics of scarf plz :)

Sure.

PXL_20201207_035328708.jpg
PXL_20201207_035352308.jpg
PXL_20201207_035447411.jpg
PXL_20201207_035534790.jpg

The Journey Caribou compressed wool scarf. If I recall correctly, this was during the FW17 season. It also came in white, icy blue and orange. Also known as the Spongebob scarf to a couple of guys on the forum, since the caribou antlers look like corral.

I think all of them are good - I'm also fond of the white and blue one, and almost bought the white one during Kapital's scarf event. But I decided that I didn't want to settle and wanted to at least find the black iteration before deciding if I wanted to pursue the others.

While taking these photos, I noticed that all of the caribou are travelling east.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Am I crazy or is this really really cool / does anyone know any other stockists carrying this?

The fit pics on the Kapital site made it look a little too cropped length for my taste completely but I also thought it was really cool. It's also sold out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads