• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats interesting I didn't know it, when did you buy it? I know they used to have it in stock all the time on the website like 2 years ago, but with the newer releases I don't see it available on the Kapital website ever, I know another Japanese website stocked it for just 1 time but they also sold out pretty fast.

I think I bought mine about two years ago, so that checks out. I saw it posted again for a brief period like six months back or so, just about the same time US retailers got their hands on some as well (Cotton Sheep, Canoe Club etc).

Dylan61

Reaction score
I think I bought mine about two years ago, so that checks out. I saw it posted again for a brief period like six months back or so, just about the same time US retailers got their hands on some as well (Cotton Sheep, Canoe Club etc).
Yeah I know, but those oversea retailers taxing even more around 1800$ to 2000$ for the jacket so I'm good on that for now 🥴, And it's pretty low on my Kapital list of stuffs that I'm looking for so I will wait for a right moment to buy it.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, but those oversea retailers taxing even more around 1800$ to 2000$ for the jacket so I'm good on that for now 🥴, And it's pretty low on my Kapital list of stuffs that I'm looking for so I will wait for a right moment to buy it.

Sure sure, I am not saying that you should buy it from them, I am only saying when I saw it last time on the Kap webshop. My guess is that it went up on there at the same time as they restocked some overseas retailers.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I come close to buying the boro jacket, I pass on it. Not because of price but I feel like from fear of not being sure if I'll wear one. However is someone passes me the blanket lined one, I would not be able to say no.

On another note the new Kountry baseball theme stuff is really up my alley

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I come close to buying the boro jacket, I pass on it. Not because of price but I feel like from fear of not being sure if I'll wear one. However is someone passes me the blanket lined one, I would not be able to say no.

On another note the new Kountry baseball theme stuff is really up my alley

Why wouldn't you wear it? I mean, imo it's more versatile than the bone trucker that you already have?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sure sure, I am not saying that you should buy it from them, I am only saying when I saw it last time on the Kap webshop. My guess is that it went up on there at the same time as they restocked some overseas retailers.
How does it fit relative to the Bandana trucker in size 5?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does it fit relative to the Bandana trucker in size 5?

Much larger. The bandana trucker is notoriously small in size (it's a shirt after all, not really a jacket). Also the boro jacket is a type 1 cut so it's intended to be boxier and larger than Lee 101 type truckers.

Let me know if you need any measurements.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hatchet supply has a good deal on a bunch of Kapital stuff right now, you can get an extra 15% off with THANKYOU15

Thanks for the heads up. Some nice pieces there. The black bone knit sweater is calling my name, but with intl shipping and customs etc it still comes out as too expensive for me... 😔

KR2202KN10-black-1_1080x.jpg
KR2202KN10-black-2_1080x.jpg

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Much larger. The bandana trucker is notoriously small in size (it's a shirt after all, not really a jacket). Also the boro jacket is a type 1 cut so it's intended to be boxier and larger than Lee 101 type truckers.

Let me know if you need any measurements.
Thanks. I found the bandana trucker in size 5 a touch snug for my taste. I need to patient on the Boro trucker.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I found the bandana trucker in size 5 a touch snug for my taste. I need to patient on the Boro trucker.

Re bandana trucker. Most people do. As a westerner with a pretty normal build, I feel that you have to really lean into the vintage-y slim and cropped look to make it work. Amirite @peachfuzzmcgee?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok gang, if some kind soul would like to help out and proxy that black bone knit for me, lemme know! 🤞

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you wear it? I mean, imo it's more versatile than the bone trucker that you already have?

It's visually busy and sometimes I wear really busy stuff already l feel like the bone trucker is easy to wear since it's just white and blue. I honestly wear it more than my vintage 101 now. The boro trucker might require a little more thought from me. Also recently got a job with a color code which is monochrome. I won't be here forever but it dampens the possibilities.

Re bandana trucker. Most people do. As a westerner with a pretty normal build, I feel that you have to really lean into the vintage-y slim and cropped look to make it work. Amirite @peachfuzzmcgee?

I think it's definitely a slim piece, I preferred the flannel ones but it's definitely more of a shirt than anything.

Ok gang, if some kind soul would like to help out and proxy that black bone knit for me, lemme know! 🤞

Damn if I would've seen this, I would've attached it to my current purchase. I caved and bought a couple things lol

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lol you realize we aren’t just arbitrarily making up a number and calling it good. It’s very rare that the actual retail (international or not), is not dictated by the brand.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I always assumed y'all get shafted in the price department consistently. Luckily getting Kapital outside of Japan is a pain unless you got connects (shout out to my in laws!) because otherwise how would retailers outside of Japan compete? Since I moved back to the states, my clothing shopping has entirely been relegated to vintage or brands that are easier to find here for reasonable prices such as RRL.

I mostly buy everything used however, I do try my best to support cool stores with unique products that I can't get anywhere else. I'll admit though, if I have a good chat/make a connection with a shop person, I'm likely to look round to buy something, anything.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member