• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sebastianwr

Reaction score
No I've found the same, cuffs are too wide for me too. Thinking of having the cuff button moved in by a half inch or so, it wont help the sleeve but will hold it in place a little better.

Agree. Sleeves and cuffs are quite wide. But the cuff button is far to the edge of the cuff, so it won't look awkward after moving it, I'd say.
Maybe I'm gonna let my tailor slim the sleeves if it's not too expensive.

Fabric and overall quality are superb. If the sleeves weren't that wide, it would be the perfect shirt for me.

garymyman

Reaction score

No I've found the same, cuffs are too wide for me too.

Really? I wear a Tokyo Classic Fit and have little girlish <6.5" wrists and they're perfect. My watch doesn't fit under the cuff, which is fine. Compared to BB Extra Slim, Polo, RLPL, and Ledburry, these cuffs are downright snug.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? I wear a Tokyo Classic Fit and have little girlish <6.5" wrists and they're perfect. My watch doesn't fit under the cuff, which is fine. Compared to BB Extra Slim, Polo, RLPL, and Ledburry, these cuffs are downright snug.

Agree. I'm sure sleeve width varies from cut to cut.

SmellBlind

Reaction score
Agree. Sleeves and cuffs are quite wide. But the cuff button is far to the edge of the cuff, so it won't look awkward after moving it, I'd say.
Maybe I'm gonna let my tailor slim the sleeves if it's not too expensive.

Fabric and overall quality are superb. If the sleeves weren't that wide, it would be the perfect shirt for me.
Yeah I'd say it even looks somewhat strange with the button so close to the edge. The way the curves of the cuff cross should still look ok too. Agree on fabric, quality and fit; best I've tried.

My wrists are a little over 6 and I wear a NY Slim and I can just about slip my hand through the cuff buttoned. They are definitely bigger than the BB ESF I own. I have a Ledbury slim but don't recall the cuff sizing. That said, I prefer a snugger cuff.

Last edited:

Turner

Reaction score
Same here, I have a Tokyo Slim and a New York Knit and find the sleeves are somewhat big at the wrists and in the biceps area. I thought about slimming down the later at my tailor while increasing the back darts and moving the wrist buttons.

Can anybody comment at the linen shirts? Tokyo Slim fits me well in 16 / 35 and New York Knit in S (16 / 34½), but the linens are somewhat off in terms of collar and sleeve length. I mean, an size S collar but a size L sleeve lenght would be perfect. How much shrinkage did you experience with your linens? Did you size up from your regualar collar size? I do cold wash and air drying.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excited to try out Kamakura. I've been watching this thread for a few months and finally ordered the light blue XINJIANG COTTON OCBD: http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/goods_en_usd_556.html

In case there's anybody still on the fence, I will post my thoughts and comparisons to my other blue OCBDs from BB and Black Fleece. I wear extra slim fit in BB, but Kamakura's weird sizing doesn't have an appropriate neck/sleeve combination for me in either of their slim fits. Their Tokyo slim fit has short arms and their New York slim has monkey arm sleeve lengths (I wear 16.5/35—TKS only has 16.5/34 and NYS only has 16.5/36.5). So far, Black Fleece has my favorite OCBD in fit, neck and sleeve sizing (BB4 happens to fit very well), and quality. I hope Kamakura matches them because except for through my man Steve Smith, ain't nobody got time for $195 OCBDs.

Simon4rings

Reaction score
Anyone has measurements for a size 16.5 Tokyo Slim or Tokyo Classic? I'm particular worried whether it will fit my gut. Thanks very much

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any further info as to why they've stopped stocking candy-striped OCBDs? And also as to why almost all OCBDs are out of stock on their website?

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any further info as to why they've stopped stocking candy-striped OCBDs? And also as to why almost all OCBDs are out of stock on their website?

Kamakura doesn't have stock shirts, rather have small batch runs of different fabrics. Clearly, staple items, or variations of them, are more frequently offered in these small batch runs.

This video describes their production model:

0.jpg

Last edited:

Turner

Reaction score
I was asking them a similar question a few days ago. They said in April would be a re-issue of the Vintage Oxford series of old and new fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads