• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just purchased J. Abboud suit on eBay

Storkinator

Reaction score

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you will be out 99,99USD since you'll need to pay the shipping.

Storkinator

Reaction score
LOL @ the honesty. Thanks.

BTW it will only cost $50. Shipping is free. Not that it would cost $50 to ship one state over from NY to NJ. But then again you are from Germany so your ignorance is excused (although I doubt the same courtesy would be extended to me as we Americans are always viewed by others as being ignorant slobs).

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL @ the honesty. Thanks.

BTW it will only cost $50. Shipping is free. Not that it would cost $50 to ship one state over from NY to NJ. But then again you are from Germany so your ignorance is excused (although I doubt the same courtesy would be extended to me as we Americans are always viewed by others as being ignorant slobs).

Clearly you are an ignorant slob:

Read the text:

lower $ Joseph Abboud 3 Button 36s 30 Grey Gray Suit Wool See original listing
Image not available
Item condition: New without tags
Ended: Jun 16, 201220:40:31 PDT
Sold For: US $50.00
Shipping: $49.99 USPS Priority Mail International
Item location: Forest Hills, NY, United States

That seems quite clear. Your fire will therefore be of $100 as clapeyron suggests.

Storkinator

Reaction score
Why are you people so angry? Oh. I'm a "noob", right? This is the initiation period? Thanks for the welcoming party. I'm a 36 year old man who has gotten this far on his own w/o the assistance of know-it-all snobs. So I'm pretty sure I can get along just fine the rest of the way w/o your assistance. I did want honest opinions, but I guess I should have expected the vitriol responses.

And perhaps you (GBR) should learn how to read. Expedited shipping within the US is free via USPS Priority Mail. No need to be a jerk off. Not everyone is independently wealthy and can afford to spend thousands on custom tailored suits. So back off asshole.

photon1701

Reaction score
Abboud suits that are sold by JC Penny etc and those that are found at Tux rental places are pretty bad made in china suits. But, the ones made in the USA are pretty decent half canvas pieces. $700 retail is a bit much by SF standards, but not crazy.

Last edited:

Storkinator

Reaction score
Abboud suits that are sold by JC Penny etc and those that are found at Tux rental places are pretty bad made in china suits. But, the ones made in the USA are pretty decent half canvas pieces. $700 retail is a bit much by SF standards, but not crazy.
Now there is a pleasant response. Not curt. Isn't talking down to me. Not thumbing his nose at me. I appreciate that. Not sure how much it helps me personally, but at least it was a reasonable response. Thank you.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Guys:

This is a brand new member. You should have noted that and been more diplomatic in your responses.

Joseph Abboud can make a very nice off the rack suit. Nordstrom has quite a few on sale as we speak.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads