• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

Shalomp

Reaction score
Did truman release a boot using rocado shell?

Wonder if anyone has experience with that and can comment on its thickness

Better still, maybe someone who has experience with both truman's rocado shell boot and viberg horween shell?

From what I gather the shell from nearly everywhere is always somewhat thinner than what Horween offers typically. I have not seen anyone complaining about Junkards shell from Rocada. 

drewcandraw

Reaction score

Those look great. Did you get the rounder toe or the standard last? I can't tell from the photo.

I kept asking for a rounder toe but they said it's the standard last. So not sure especially with photo angles.I will see when I get it next week or so

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
I've broken my Brandy shell in a bit and I'm confident the 10 is my size now, so I'm letting the Brown shell go. Just listed it in the classifieds section. Would love to sell them to someone on this chain that's an 11 to help add to the convo of fit sizing. It would probably be a perfect fit for someone that is 10.5 in Viberg 2030 last, or 11 in Trumans.

I'm open to reasonable offers.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great. Did you get the rounder toe or the standard last? I can't tell from the photo.

I kept asking for a rounder toe but they said it's the standard last. So not sure especially with photo angles.I will see when I get it next week or so

the photo posted prior to the welting looks like the rounder last....assume we are talking about the navybshell boots...but from the angle tough to tell

Last edited:

quasi-lurker

Reaction score

Did truman release a boot using rocado shell?

Wonder if anyone has experience with that and can comment on its thickness

Better still, maybe someone who has experience with both truman's rocado shell boot and viberg horween shell?

I think that Rider Boot Co uses Rocado shell for their boots. I was looking through a few review threads about a shell Dundalk GMTO, but unfortunately they say nothing about the thickness. Which could be a good thing as I'm sure people would be quick to point out if it was noticeably thinner than Horween. The only observations of note versus Horween from the reviews is that Rocado shell is more "dull" or uniform and it does not have as strong of a scent.

Last edited:

Exercise

Reaction score
Does anyone have the junkard sole + heel combination? How hardwearing is it? Junkard responded to me on Instagram saying their sole has "more grip and solid material than dainite." Wanted to get more input on this.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score

Does anyone have the junkard sole + heel combination? How hardwearing is it? Junkard responded to me on Instagram saying their sole has "more grip and solid material than dainite." Wanted to get more input on this. 

It's definitely more grippy than dainite but I can't speak to the durability because I've only had them for 2 months.

drewcandraw

Reaction score
Navy shells have landed, going to pick it up after work and report back later. First time with shell so I have no basis on what is good or bad. More interested if the boots fit me great or not.

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
Oh damn, I'm excited for you. Hopefully they fit and the quality is up to expectations. Mine are currently in the closing department so maybe they'll be done in the next week. This Thursday will mark 6 weeks from payment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads