• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junior

Reaction score
X-post from the boots boots boots thread.

My first Lobbs. The Romsey. 8 000 last. Dark brown calf.

Bertrand

Reaction score
Hi there, do you guys only use JL shoe trees with your JL shoes? Or is there a good, but cheaper alternative?

Thanks

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi there, do you guys only use JL shoe trees with your JL shoes? Or is there a good, but cheaper alternative?

Thanks

I use only JL Trees usually order them with the shoes but honestly i dont know if it really makes a big difference vs other good shoe trees. JL trees run about 160usd retail. Cheaper good laternatives include Skoak trees at about 100USD shipping included. You can also contact leatherfoot to see if they have leftovers from their sale. I just bought 3 JL shoe trees at about 80 USD this wkd from them (sale price and weak canadian dollar vs US). Shipping free if over 200 canadian.
Then there is always those 40 dollar woodlore trees

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most JL shoes comes with tree so you should not have to worry about it.

Only the prestige line comes with shoe trees the regular line does not.
Also most boots dont come with shoe trees (except for a couple of them that are prestige)

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks
For the 9795 last (DM) you have JL lasted trees. In this case, I think is worthy to spend the money.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These trees work very well for me, very affordable & good quality. They fill out the shoe very well. I have bought at least 10 pair over the last two years

http://www.amazon.com/Songmics-Cedar-Shaper-10-11-ULST003/dp/B00NQSRPHY?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Those look like the same trees as the woodlore ones that i had been getting
Just different brands. Yes they work pretty well for most shoes maybe except for extreme shapes shoes like the GG deco

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001MHJZSS/ref=sxl2?qid=1463935150&sr=2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look like the same trees as the woodlore ones that i had been getting
Just different brands. Yes they work pretty well for most shoes maybe except for extreme shapes shoes like the GG deco

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001MHJZSS/ref=sxl2?qid=1463935150&sr=2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

I think Woodlore trees have too much "height." They significantly push up on the vamp of most of my shoes, beyond the original intended last shape. Not ideal in my opinion for any shoe with a reasonable amount of shape. Better suited to AE and Alden if you ask me.

Bertrand

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Does the $40 woodlore means 'Epic Twin tube tree from woodlore"?

I use only JL Trees usually order them with the shoes but honestly i dont know if it really makes a big difference vs other good shoe trees. JL trees run about 160usd retail. Cheaper good laternatives include Skoak trees at about 100USD shipping included. You can also contact leatherfoot to see if they have leftovers from their sale. I just bought 3 JL shoe trees at about 80 USD this wkd from them (sale price and weak canadian dollar vs US). Shipping free if over 200 canadian.
Then there is always those 40 dollar woodlore trees

Thanks for your reply Sir Coldin,

Does the $40 woodlore means 'Epic Twin tube tree from woodlore"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads