• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G

Griffindork

They do a great job. The really amazing thing is how close JLP fits the shoe to your foot. Below is JLP lined up against cleverley and Koji Suzuki. The Lobb is about two inches smaller. It's as if they want to do something fundamentally different from other makers. For me at least the fit is levels above anything else.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that the total length of the shoe is strongly correlated with fit. I think it has more to do with the style of the maker. For example, the GG Deco range has an extra elongated toe, but it doesn't mean that a GG Deco wouldn't fit because it's longer.

Definitely not trying to detract from your experience with your bespoke shoes, just my thoughts on fit vs style. Also to be fair, from everything I've read JLP bespoke fit like a second skin.

Beautiful collection!

G

Griffindork

^ you totally misunderstand my point. I'm not saying length has to do with fit. I'm just saying that Lobb Paris tries to deemphasize the foot and cuts the shoe much closer to the foot than other makers (your "second skin" reference). That goes for the whole shoe, although length is the way in which its most visible to the naked eye. As for whether that correlates to fit, it depends on what you like. I'm sure there are some who like a roomier feel, although I bet Lobb could do that as well. I'm just saying that as a stylistic matter, Lobb makes a smaller and closer shoe. I imagine that leaves less room for error, but I'm not a shoemaker.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A better comparison would be your RTW JLP length vs your bespoke JLP length.

My G&G is ~1/2" longer than my JLP, but on the other hand my JLP bespoke is about the same or a tad bit shorter than my JL RTW.  Both are very comfortable though.

Where did you guys get your JLP bespoke? NYC store?

Last edited:
G

Griffindork

Here is the bespoke vs rtw comparison, although I'm not sure why that is a better comparison for this purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great stuff. I would love to do JLP bespoke within the next 12-18 months. $7500 currently is a little steep for me.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ you totally misunderstand my point. I'm not saying length has to do with fit. I'm just saying that Lobb Paris tries to deemphasize the foot and cuts the shoe much closer to the foot than other makers (your "second skin" reference). That goes for the whole shoe, although length is the way in which its most visible to the naked eye. As for whether that correlates to fit, it depends on what you like. I'm sure there are some who like a roomier feel, although I bet Lobb could do that as well. I'm just saying that as a stylistic matter, Lobb makes a smaller and closer shoe. I imagine that leaves less room for error, but I'm not a shoemaker.
I did not know that, good to know. Like it much.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gotcha, apologies for the misunderstanding! I interpreted your two inches smaller as the length measurement (one obvious difference between your JLP and others). Would love to do JLP Bespoke when money is much less of an object.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777