• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John Lobb Sennen in plum museum calf

1B3D375F-7C33-4041-A056-5A4D83DB9927.jpeg

nub915

Reaction score
are you serious? They are Goodyear welted shoes not hand-welted. That price is more reasonable for a hand re-sole not a resole that is done by machine!

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
That’s not really out of line with the cost most makers charge to resole being about a third of the retail price. EG charges similar.

sforum1

Reaction score
I was quoted $460 - $510 for a resole through John Lobb. I um...am not going to do that
I think if you keep searcing eBay or the internet in general, by the time it would take them to resole your shoes, you can find a brand new pair that costs less than that.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if you keep searcing eBay or the internet in general, by the time it would take them to resole your shoes, you can find a brand new pair that costs less than that.
And how does this support artisans?

I jest, of course.

We are a ridiculous species.

Stop pretending you occupy a higher plain!
You are here, after all.

sforum1

Reaction score
And how does this support artisans?

I jest, of course.

We are a ridiculous species.

Stop pretending you occupy a higher plain!
You are here, after all.
To be honest, paying $500-600 to resole a used pair makes no sense. If you are like me that I don't have unlimited amounts of money, this is way too much. And if you do have unlimited amounts of money, please go get yourself a brand new pair. No need to put on a new sole on a disgusting, 5 year old pair of shoes.

I see some videos on YouTube from cobblers resoling Magnanni shoes charging $500+. I'm convinced that people who waste their money like that do not and will never own a house. The cobbler, on the other hand, I would be a lot more optimistic about.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, paying $500-600 to resole a used pair makes no sense. If you are like me that I don't have unlimited amounts of money, this is way too much. And if you do have unlimited amounts of money, please go get yourself a brand new pair. No need to put on a new sole on a disgusting, 5 year old pair of shoes.

I see some videos on YouTube from cobblers resoling Magnanni shoes charging $500+. I'm convinced that people who waste their money like that do not and will never own a house. The cobbler, on the other hand, I would be a lot more optimistic about.
Your aspiration is noted. That is all it will be with that attitude.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why spend $500 to resole when you can spend $2k to get a brand new pair!? Your logic makes no sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads