• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CARTER AGVENT

Reaction score
I’ve only hemmed one pair of JE denim (the skittles), I have hemmed quite a few pairs of SLP. Usually get them hemmed to about 33 inch inseam. I’m 5’10 with disportionately long legs. I’ve never had the leg opening narrowed, most of the pairs are pretty small in a size 29, so have never felt the need to.

really helpful, thanks man. I'm 5'8-5'9 with pretty short legs, so I was going to have hemmed to a 30 or 31 length. I'm usually a 30 waist so I was going to order 29 in JE as well, and good to know I wont have to have the leg opening altered at all to hem.

Thanks so much

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really helpful, thanks man. I'm 5'8-5'9 with pretty short legs, so I was going to have hemmed to a 30 or 31 length. I'm usually a 30 waist so I was going to order 29 in JE as well, and good to know I wont have to have the leg opening altered at all to hem.

Thanks so much
I’d go to your tailor and bring the shoes you’ll likely wear them with. Have the tailor pin the pants to the appropriate length with your shoes on. I wouldn’t ask for a certain length like 31 because it’s really dependent on the inseam + the rise. Also prob better to wear the pants a few days and allow the back honeycombs to set, because this will shorten them a bit and then get them hemmed

CARTER AGVENT

Reaction score
o
I’d go to your tailor and bring the shoes you’ll likely wear them with. Have the tailor pin the pants to the appropriate length with your shoes on. I wouldn’t ask for a certain length like 31 because it’s really dependent on the inseam + the rise. Also prob better to wear the pants a few days and allow the back honeycombs to set, because this will shorten them a bit and then get them hemmed

Perfect, thanks so much - I will do exactly that. Now to find a decent tailor in Boston..

hyyvii

Reaction score
Awesome! Did you size down?

plotting on the ocean pair did not try them on

I think that’s xhibition. He works there. Could be wrong though! They look so good. JEs pics didn’t do justice

yup new shipment ... each pair is unique but the colors:worship2:

Those colours...beautiful

exactly!:bounce2:

Anyone know where I can get the ocean shorts in a small? Sold out on JE.

xhibition has them in a small should be online soon if you don't want to wait you can place a private sale with me just send me a PM

hermesonly

Reaction score
I'm 5'9 and don't like the inseam length of JE denim, does anyone here have experience with hemming JE denim they don't mind sharing?
Thx..

Thanks man. Hey guys, any info you could share on your height and what you hemmed to/leg opening etc?

Hi.. I'm 5'4". I hemmed all my JE denims.

Step 1..Upon receiving my denim, I checked the fit overall. Once satisfied with the fit, I stack them nicely according to my height and specifications, then that's the time when I "pin" where to hem it. Then, I'll take it to my local alteration place.

Most of the time, I wash and dry my JE's so if there are any shrinkage it wouldn't mess up my hem, them I'll do step 1.

On Skittles, I do the Opposite and I personally do them myself. I do Step 1 first.. but leave a little bit more at the ends before I hem it.
Then, I wash and dry which leaves the hem of Skittles more frayed, naturally. I go above and beyond by using my Dremel Tools, which I distress the ends of my skittles for a more natural look and with my sewing skills (on my sewing machine), I reinforced the end of the hem by going thru it so it wont fray some more.. Trim the ends to make a uniform even look.

CARTER AGVENT

Reaction score
Hi.. I'm 5'4". I hemmed all my JE denims.

Step 1..Upon receiving my denim, I checked the fit overall. Once satisfied with the fit, I stack them nicely according to my height and specifications, then that's the time when I "pin" where to hem it. Then, I'll take it to my local alteration place.

Most of the time, I wash and dry my JE's so if there are any shrinkage it wouldn't mess up my hem, them I'll do step 1.

On Skittles, I do the Opposite and I personally do them myself. I do Step 1 first.. but leave a little bit more at the ends before I hem it.
Then, I wash and dry which leaves the hem of Skittles more frayed, naturally. I go above and beyond by using my Dremel Tools, which I distress the ends of my skittles for a more natural look and with my sewing skills (on my sewing machine), I reinforced the end of the hem by going thru it so it wont fray some more.. Trim the ends to make a uniform even look.

Great, that was very helpful. I may have to do the wash and dry before having hemmed as well then. Good to know im not the only one who wants to do this! Thanks guys.

blue2007

Reaction score
Does anyone have a screen shot from a few days ago when the Carbons were $166 on Mr. Porter? the original link just goes to the page saying they are out of stock but doesnt list the price... Tia

I actually need that also for a price protection. Let me know if you have it.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We selected the raffle winners this morning at random. All 5 winning entries have already been notified directly via PM. We look forward to seeing you and your +1 at the show!

We will be streaming the show on our site and IG live this Saturday 2/9 at 8PM EST. Stay tuned for more details!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads