• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can always get the waist taken in by a tailor, no?

Posts like this make me nervous. I have springs and Plumas both worn 3< times. Last thing I want is $400 denim turning into sweatpants. I’ve tried a size smaller and it was just way too tight for my liking.Perhaps the best thing to do is buy the smaller size then wear them around the house until they’re good to go? Regardless, premium denim shouldn’t require difficulties

They don’t stretch to the point they look like sweatpants. Every denim stretches a bit. Some just snap back better. Most of mine fit loose after wear since nothing is made smaller than 28. It’s never to the point they are sack like.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I purchased the Cast 2 nimbus jeans in size 30. They fit perfect at first measuring 31.5 but stetched out at least 1-2" over the course of 2 days and they sag now. I find myself pulling them up whenever I wear them. Ive hotwashed them and hot dried them twice and they didnt shrink much (so for anyone wondering yes you can wash them and dry them and its perfectly safe even with a top loading machine). I feel like they are tight at first when they come in and over the course of a day or two they stretch but once you wash them and dry them it seems they stay stetched out. Can anyone comment if they had issues with the cast 2 stretching out a lot? Any recommendations as to how to shrink them? I spoke to JE customer service twice and both times recommended size 30 after i gave them my measurements and my best fitting jeans. I took them to the drycleaners and will get them tomorrow hopefully they shrink. I am afraid I have taken a 398$ L so my last resort will be to sell them on grailed and get a 29 if possible.

I had a pair of nimbus from the first drop in my usual JE size and they were very very snug. I had worn them well over 10x and they barely stretched at all. They fit great but it was the crotch and hip area that got me. I ended up grabbing a size bigger during last sale season and now they fit like my Dillons slightly lose in the waist but still slim throughout the legs. This is only my second pair to size up in with JE but I could’ve stayed with the first pair but after 10 wears and little stretch I felt they weren’t going to stretch anymore. Also, they weren’t as long as my previous JE denim so not much stack.

Bimmer93

Reaction score
In summary - JE makes the best fitting / cut jeans out there. Followed by - except they bag out after 10 minutes, don't snap back, they fit too loose in the waste, too tight in the calfs, too tight in the thighs, too long, too short, too snug, etc.

Bottom line, get a couple pairs and try them out. JE is all over the place. A forum isn't going to make up for putting the jeans on your legs. Even the same measurements will fit drastically different based on material. Maybe that will save 29 pages of denim sizing questions.

kcinirni

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I think in the future I will size down to 29. The pants fit great at first in the top block and in the knees and legs. They do feel a tad tight but I just couldnt imagine sizing down again but I guess Ill give it a shot. You live and learn I guess

kcinirni

Reaction score
Question which black denim is the closet to true black or the darkest black? I read a post back that mentioned the obsidians but with the latest drops with black denim is that the general consensus still? I know some black denim comes washed black, greyish, or light black instead of true black

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question which black denim is the closet to true black or the darkest black? I read a post back that mentioned the obsidians but with the latest drops with black denim is that the general consensus still? I know some black denim comes washed black, greyish, or light black instead of true black
Yes it’s still the obsidians. Maybe carbons.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Rule of thumb moving forward, grab the pair that you can barely button and it will stretch into perfection. If you go with the pair that fits best out of the gate it will end up bagging out

This is the rule I abide by. Tightest size you can fit will end up fitting, with only a few exceptions I’ve seen on here (Nimbus,etc.)

kcinirni

Reaction score
Whats the sizing and fit like on the cast short in ride indigo? Any fit pics by anychance. It Says 100% cotton. Stay tts or size down? I heard they stretch out a good bit even though theyre 100% cotton

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcelo929