• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the ozone coasts, but also just copped a pair of Nimbus on sale. Washes look kind of similar online, so if the ozone coasts don't blow me away I'll be sending them back.

I'll try to have comparison picks up as soon as they're in.

sogood

Reaction score
Damn the bm x stadium from the fall was down to $719

Damn the bm stadium.. did anyone see if they had a medium?

Call Barney’s customer service with their product number, they may be able to track one down in a store for you.

sogood

Reaction score
Picked up the ozone coasts, but also just copped a pair of Nimbus on sale. Washes look kind of similar online, so if the ozone coasts don't blow me away I'll be sending them back.

I'll try to have comparison picks up as soon as they're in.

Ozone Coasts remind me more of non-dirty Plumas from the product shots.

Nimbus are totally different, IMO.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Both Denim are amazing, but I learned my lesson purchasing denim at retail...

Im saying...I grabbed scarabs from the barneys sale on the cheap & got the anthracites on sale as well...I love both pairs!

JE denim should be priced around there accordingly - with higher price points come higher expectations and I was severely let down buying denim @ full retail

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn ozone coasts look like what I’ve been looking for. Clean mid to dark denim. May need to cop them. Also the charcoal basalt looks even more washed black then the washed black basalt..

Last edited:

kwonster

Reaction score
Bought the distressed leather varsity in size L at mrporter for 50% off. Returning it tomorrow so it should be back up on there if anyone wants it.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
got the size small tie-dyed plaster (grey) shorts if anybody wants it too before I return, it's too small, it's the one released at Barneys for @thedropLA

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunglasses are interesting.. I think the quality is there. The acetate is nice and weighty, but they aren't very balanced. They remind me of Persol 649s in how they rest on the face, as the front of the frame is much heavier than the arms. The shape is slightly feminine, which I think is in style, but I was hoping they'd be a little more subtle and easy daily-wearers.

All-in-all, they would be keepers at the Mr.P price if the frame was a bit smaller or more traditional, but I don't want to keep them just because they were on sale so I think they're going back.

The case also arrived a little bit damaged which was unfortunate. Sunglasses are a tough category to break in to, I think.

Pics in the Spoiler:
IMG_1543.jpg IMG_1545.JPG IMG_1546.JPG

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunglasses are interesting.. I think the quality is there. The acetate is nice and weighty, but they aren't very balanced. They remind me of Persol 649s in how they rest on the face, as the front of the frame is much heavier than the arms. The shape is slightly feminine, which I think is in style, but I was hoping they'd be a little more subtle and easy daily-wearers.

All-in-all, they would be keepers at the Mr.P price if the frame was a bit smaller or more traditional, but I don't want to keep them just because they were on sale so I think they're going back.

The case also arrived a little bit damaged which was unfortunate. Sunglasses are a tough category to break in to, I think.

Pics in the Spoiler:
They’ll probably do great next season with the women’s wear.

sogood

Reaction score
got a size 29 plumas if anyone wants before i send it back to mr p

Plumas??

Pics in the Spoiler:

They look pretty good on you, sucks about the damage to the case though.

Do they have the frame measurements inside the arm?

kwonster

Reaction score
why didn't you like it?

The distressing is more aggressive than I like, there are parts where it looks like little sheets of leather are being pulled off the jacket. Its fine if you like a grungier look but doesn't really fit my style.

Also, I think my black saint laurent teddy looks similar and I'd probably wear that over the JE jacket most of the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads