• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

krazyblunts

Reaction score
I need some advice guys.

Today I got my obsidian thumper package from JE but in a completely destroyed plastic bag. It looks like somebody opened it up up and tried to see what was in it , then retape it. As you can see there’s a mark on the collar where the JE baggie was ripped open. Should I reach out to customer service for a refund, I’m not sure what I should do. View attachment 985042 View attachment 985043 View attachment 985044 View attachment 985045 View attachment 985046

is the thumper damaged at all? if not just keep it.

krazyblunts

Reaction score
finally received my first anti expo tee and not sure why i waited so long to get one of these. fit and quality is amazing. also got in the curved long sleeve in white and this fits mad big and long lol.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
I need some advice guys.

Today I got my obsidian thumper package from JE but in a completely destroyed plastic bag. It looks like somebody opened it up up and tried to see what was in it , then retape it. As you can see there’s a mark on the collar where the JE baggie was ripped open. Should I reach out to customer service for a refund, I’m not sure what I should do. View attachment 985042 View attachment 985043 View attachment 985044 View attachment 985045 View attachment 985046

seems to be a thing with other shops too, I usually return them right away. that's what happen when you have free returns, people try them on or wear them then decide they don't want them anymore...

Atao

Reaction score
Girlfriend dragged me shopping lol.

Army vintage fleece
Nimbus
AJ4

AD288339-90E2-4D23-9D42-28C5A06EF9A3.jpeg

Atao

Reaction score
I need some advice guys.

I would reach out to customer service and see if they will do anything. If not you can open a claim with the carrier and hopefully work something out with them.

Saint_Costa10

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up the washed black basalt tee and was wondering what size to get and if the collar is tight. I’m 5,6 and weigh 160

tjonesd2

Reaction score
JE+ just trying to reach that cult status of FoG, I'm starting to notice with even the Fifth collection, they are sitting on shelves and even when they are discounted 50% nobody is really buying. Wondering if the trend of waiting for deep cut in sales are a thing now.
Disagree. JE stays makin ready to wear with some sprinkled in pieces of out there stuff. There is hardly anything in FoG I would be comfortable wearing to work (where i can dress however i want). Sales is part of the game - even at 50% off they are still cashing in, and way more JE sells out than Fear nowadays. If anything, Fear wants to be JE so bad (paraphrasing an IG comment i saw the other day).

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disagree. JE stays makin ready to wear with some sprinkled in pieces of out there stuff. There is hardly anything in FoG I would be comfortable wearing to work (where i can dress however i want). Sales is part of the game - even at 50% off they are still cashing in, and way more JE sells out than Fear nowadays. If anything, Fear wants to be JE so bad (paraphrasing an IG comment i saw the other day).

Don’t get me wrong, I would really never wear any FOG other than the shoes, but I think you’re underestimating FOG’s presence and overestimating JE’s following. If you look at IG followers alone, FOG has 1.4M vs JE that has 164k. FOG is known internationally and has a huge celebrity following, JE is only known to a small subset of US residents. JE is picking up some steam with some celebs like lebron, but they are still pretty unknown, especially in Europe. So I’m not really sure FOG wants to be JE.

If you don’t believe me, ask some of the European residents on here. @sussi mind chiming in?

iamfudge

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up the washed black basalt tee and was wondering what size to get and if the collar is tight. I’m 5,6 and weigh 160

I'm 5'6, ~157lbs and went with an XS and worked fine for me. the collar could be a bit looser, but if I went to a size Small I think it would have been too big from the chest/stomach area. for reference, I have broad shoulders and wear a Medium in classic crews.

Saint_Costa10

Reaction score
I'm 5'6, ~157lbs and went with an XS and worked fine for me. the collar could be a bit looser, but if I went to a size Small I think it would have been too big from the chest/stomach area. for reference, I have broad shoulders and wear a Medium in classic crews.
Alright I’ll go for the XS small then, thanks man!

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not really fair to compare FoG and JE as they're both at different price points and have different clientele. FoG being high end streetwear and JE mid end. JE is definitely more wearable.

With that said both brands making it to the sales rack does say something. Either consumers think some items are overpriced or the economy isn't doing that well. I think it's more of the former.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads