• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

adeptation

Reaction score

To be fair I think that response is pretty reasonable considering they have no idea how the garment was treated. Still sucks because you don't expect to see wear and tear this early.
Honestly, JE's customer service is pretty damn good. They respond quickly and they usually offer something to remedy the situation.

Yes, I don't disagree with the quick responses of their customer service. Outside of this specific issue, the customer service has been good. I've treated my Villains immaculately. They were my first JE purchase and was my gateway drug to them. So yes, it's my word against theirs. I wouldn't have been annoyed by it if I didn't have another Villain hoodie that's been worn twice as long and has taken a beating and shows no sign of stitching issues at all. Based on what I've been reading here, it looks like there is an issue with it. Again, I don't want an exchange/return, I wanted them offer to let me ship and have them re-stitch it.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I don't disagree with the quick responses of their customer service. Outside of this specific issue, the customer service has been good. I've treated my Villains immaculately. They were my first JE purchase and was my gateway drug to them. So yes, it's my word against theirs. I wouldn't have been annoyed by it if I didn't have another Villain hoodie that's been worn twice as long and has taken a beating and shows no sign of stitching issues at all. Based on what I've been reading here, it looks like there is an issue with it. Again, I don't want an exchange/return, I wanted them offer to let me ship and have them re-stitch it.

Did you ask them if they'd do that for you?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To go with your skittles everything look

http://m.footlocker.com/index.cfm?u...e-_-26628304&gclid=CNOcxfaYndMCFQaTaQodscMKyA

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did not ask, but I made mention of wanting the stitching fix in my reply from Slater's response.

It doesn't hurt to ask, just say there aren't any places in your area that do flat lock stitching and you were wondering if they could repair this for you

Last edited:

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Uniform LA. Their tees are nearly identical and half the price. LS tees are awesome too.

Do you have the URL? I've searched Uniform LA and don't find anything but police and sports uniforms.
I pretty much wear a JE tee everyday but would like to reduce wear and tear.
Thanks

Kde5

Reaction score
Does anybody know TrendyTrez and how could I contact him other than on this forum, cuz he hasn't been responding for 3 months to my messages and i have to contact him. Please let me know.

supremeanarchy

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.
I hang dry all my tees. You guys notice any shrinkage? My JE u necks and mercers have kept their size and shape pretty well.

Been machine washing on cold and hang drying all my JE and U/LA tees and haven't noticed any shrinkage at all, not even on my JE co-mix tees as well thankfully.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is different about these from JE, other than the non-curved hem? Which I actually like better- I remember someone else here wanted a U neck on a classic crew, this is exactly that.
Maybe just a few tweaks to the fit. That's the beauty of the market, equal quality at a lower price.

peter1234930

Reaction score
What is different about these from JE, other than the non-curved hem? Which I actually like better- I remember someone else here wanted a U neck on a classic crew, this is exactly that.
I got a free tee from them in the mail with a JE jacket I bought on Grailed. It doesn't drape like JE - it feels good but it's significantly thicker so it doesn't hang the same way. The collar also is constructed somewhat differently - again not as well as JE. My tee's collar doesn't lie flat after a few washes.

I think they're priced fairly but don't expect JE fit and finish for half the cost.

Last edited:

supremeanarchy

Reaction score

Personally for me, you can tell there is some minor weight difference even though the material composition is practically the same, other than that, nothing. U/LA even makes their tees in the US just like JE but they're a relatively new brand, which i think is the main reason in price. IIRC JE classic crew tees and u-necks were less than they are now when the brand was first getting its feet together as well. And just in luck, they're now doing free shipping within US with their promo too. If you want JE quality/fit tees at a fraction of the price, this is the way to go and I sized the same in the crew and u-neck that they have as I would JE.

supremeanarchy

Reaction score
I got a free tee from them in the mail with a JE jacket I bought on Grailed. It doesn't drape like JE - it feels good but it's significantly thicker so it doesn't hang the same way. The collar also is constructed somewhat differently - again not as well as JE. My tee's collar doesn't lie flat after a few washes.

I think they're priced fairly but don't expect JE fit and finish for half the cost.

Dude was this recent or a while back? The tee I recently got from them was just slightly thicker so yeah the drape wasn't the same, but I don't have the collar coming up scenario thankfully so just curious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads