• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peter1234930

Reaction score
It's not that I hate the coloring but I'm really buying it for the fit, fabric, and raw hem. Other than the cropped denim a few season back I don't know anything off the top of my head that's comparable.
Gotcha, that's really why I ended up grabbing them as well. There are a couple "dirty" light gray patches which are somewhat visible but for the most part the coloring is not noticeable unless you are under bright lights. Most people think they're plain white jeans in my experience.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed 100%.  I totally get how businesses work, so I don't really complain when prices for something I like are high or more than what I want to pay.  I just pass until I can get it at a cheaper/better price I feel more comfortable spending at which now a days is easier than ever.  Speaking of becoming a stockist, thats actually something I'm really interested in.  Would love to have a shop one day soon.

Don't forget our discount lol

@Jbidwal

Can you share a photo(s) of your shoe collection ?

Shoes always change but this is my current rotation. Loafers and other summer shoes are stored away for now.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Me and my friend were talking about JE financials today (he does finance)

We had some interesting questions

But of course they are the deep questions that would never get answered unless you are Aaron or John speaking with each other or the accountant
1f602.png

But the pricing is the pricing guys which we have learned season after season.

We just got to pass if we don't like the price.

Personally I had a limit of $200 for the cardigan.

Once I seen the marketing I KNEW it would be in the $4xx range hence my post

I personally decided hey this is out of my limit I set before hand so I'm going to pass. Nothing to complain about. JE is a business at the end of the day.

They got bills to pay...custom fabrics...workers...trips...shows...seeding.....and hype....new recognition as one of the best from big publications like WWD

A bunch can play into the price. Do I agree with it all? Nope ...and should we call out the brand if we feel it's crazy....yes, respectfully. Good Critisim is fair and healthy I think.

Just don't be surprised if prices are even higher when the next season comes around

It's okay to pass on an item or hunt for it to be the price you eventually want it to be on whatever site.
Just clothes which I'm sure we all have enough of.

But don't expect for them to come in here breaking down their financials for each piece.

Maybe go work for stockist/become a buyer and get ahold of that line sheet ...see what their wholesale prices are like, Could help you get a grasp on things
1f62d.png

Unless you have money to blow, it's generally a good idea to get designer pieces that you can justify in all of your points. As I was saying before, you want things that you can wear, not just labels.

jl710

Reaction score
Wasn't there talk about a raw hem white denim release without the skittles coloring? If so, are they plain white or slightly dirty? When are they expected to release, fw17?

Last edited:

Enexde96

Reaction score
Last edited:

NikeOG

Reaction score

Padded over shirt still in rotation. Co-mix cc. SASHIKO
Denim

Y'all see the Australian purl knit os tee? Must cop imo.

dcvm1979

Reaction score
Just from the image it looks really similar to the comix.i bet it's awesome tho..i have so many different variations of that tee I can't see myself justifying another..but that'll probably change once someone post a close up plus review...im the worst

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just from the image it looks really similar to the comix.i bet it's awesome tho..i have so many different variations of that tee I can't see myself justifying another..but that'll probably change once someone post a close up plus review...im the worst

Harder to see online but it is quite different from the co-mix. I will try to get a higher res closeup of the knit.

Last edited:

dcvm1979

Reaction score
Really don't need any help being sold...BUT.....Sold!!!!!! hahahahaha jk...thanks for the reply..my internet PUSHA

jl710

Reaction score
Looking for LS Classic Curve in Dove, Oak Sz L & Slate Anti-expo Sz L if anyone's selling those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads