• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jl710

Reaction score

I'm not sure if you've seen any of their other versions of obsidian, it's a very dark black/blue. I'm not sure if the denim in the look book is obsidian or black. They've had 2 iterations of the obsidian previously so I just assumed it was a new obsidian

I own Cast 2 Obsidian and they're definitely not black. They're indigo dye over grey weft. The denim in the SS17 lookbook & runway lookbook are much dark than past Obsidians so I'm assuming they're straight black but you could be right. We all kno how lookbook & product photos aren't accurate as far as color goes kind of often.

l0ftykeith

Reaction score
So if I'm normally a 32 waist, I should size down to 31?

Also, do the majority of JE denim owners get their denims altered (i.e. inseams and leg openings), or do they look best stock. I know it's a very broad question.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score

So if I'm normally a 32 waist, I should size down to 31?

Also, do the majority of JE denim owners get their denims altered (i.e. inseams and leg openings), or do they look best stock. I know it's a very broad question.
I would size down. I'm usually a 33 and I got a size 32 in Nero (new cut). Initially trying them on, they felt tight, but they have stretched out enough to be super comfortable, but still skinny. I guess I got lucky in that I haven't had to alter, hem, or taper them.

flipsilk

Reaction score

I would size down. I'm usually a 33 and I got a size 32 in Nero (new cut). Initially trying them on, they felt tight, but they have stretched out enough to be super comfortable, but still skinny. I guess I got lucky in that I haven't had to alter, hem, or taper them.

i went true to size (32) and the waist is maybe a tad too big but sizing down was just way too tight and the waist is nothing a good tailor cant fix.

koalii

Reaction score

i went true to size (32) and the waist is maybe a tad too big but sizing down was just way too tight and the waist is nothing a good tailor cant fix.
I also went TTS with a 32 as I have larger thighs and calves. The waist and thigh area stretched enough to be comfortably loose, I like to wear my denim a little bit lower on my hips anyway.

l0ftykeith

Reaction score

I also went TTS with a 32 as I have larger thighs and calves. The waist and thigh area stretched enough to be comfortably loose, I like to wear my denim a little bit lower on my hips anyway.

Thanks for your feedbacks! Very interesting variations for different people. What are your height/weight? It'd be awesome if you could post some pics for a visual reference :)

gerg99

Reaction score

jl710

Reaction score

Couldn't stop wearing Plumas. Now I won't be able to stop wearing these.

They look so good man, can't wait for mine to arrive. Thanks for the pics.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they look great right now but the springs stretch like crazy, size down again would be my advice. i learned the hard way and now I size way down to the point where i almost cant button the top, and then let them stretch to the absolute limit and they fit perfect.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will size down one more.

koalii

Reaction score

Thanks for your feedbacks! Very interesting variations for different people. What are your height/weight? It'd be awesome if you could post some pics for a visual reference :)
I am 6-ft and 170-lbs. Waist is 32", hips 35.5", thighs 23", calves, 16". They are like a slim-skinny fit for me, I'll try put up fit pics eventually...

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally a little warmer weather here in Europe. Time to put parachute jacket on for the first time. I really like it. Still can't replace all the bombers I own, but it is something different.

Parachute jacket - L
Kake - L
Anti Expo - L
Nudie Jeans skinny lin

l0ftykeith

Reaction score
Looks good bro. How tall are you?
Finally a little warmer weather here in Europe. Time to put parachute jacket on for the first time. I really like it. Still can't replace all the bombers I own, but it is something different. Parachute jacket - L Kake - L Anti Expo - L Nudie Jeans skinny lin

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads