• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

l0ftykeith

Reaction score
Nah, I call it being smart. Why would I pay $500 for something today knowing it will be $200 tomorrow? Makes zero sense, but hey, it's your money and you get to spend it how you want. I'm not judging anybody that chooses to pay $500. I'm just speaking for myself. Just know that I have every JE piece I've ever wanted, some I paid full price for, but most I didn't. Even SLP, and other super expensive designers like Undercover I have in my closet that I've paid a fraction of what retail costs were, and it's not fringe items that were so trash nobody wanted them. I studied economics in school, which is maybe why I'm like this but the retailers and designers don't dictate the price of something, the market does. If something cool goes on sale, it's because the price was too high to begin with. At this point in my life, I can literally afford whatever I want, and I'm completely into fashion and looking nice, but some of the stuff I think is cool is rather ridiculously priced, so I wait until those items are priced at a place I feel is more comfortable for my own sanity. That doesn't mean I like it any less than the next person, but even if it did, who cares?

I completely agree there. At the end of the day, your SRD jacket (that was on sale) is not lower quality or any lesser than my SRD jacket that I paid full retail for.

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

is it a keeper bro?! I just copped the og 41 overshirt in grey so my flannel needs have been met for the time being. still on the lookout for the red one in large tho ;)

I'm probably not keeping it. I like the look and fit but not sure if it's $200 nice. I'm going for the jelly fish shirt and I'll prob continue looking for other nice pattern summer shirts

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm probably not keeping it. I like the look and fit but not sure if it's $200 nice. I'm going for the jelly fish shirt and I'll prob continue looking for other nice pattern summer shirts

ya for sure bro i feel you on that. i think that jellyfish shirt is right up your alley actually, can definitely see you pulling that one off.

jl710

Reaction score

Now that the coba and Doha are out I was thinking about what denim is coming for this season. I can think of at least 6 pairs and other help would be appreciated.
1. Doha
2. Coba
3. "Bianca"- white neros
4. White denim with extended hem/raw hem
5. "Obsidian"
6. "Harlot 2.0"

Any others you guys saw?

Obsidian? What. Are the plain black denim dropping actually blue?

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price is pretty ridiculous and troll-worthy, but compared to CLs, Rick Owens, etc..the quality of the sneak is definitely there. Not saying it's worth copping, but compared to the price of his clothing and whoever has the $$ to grab onto Fear of God--the price is justifiable.

So I'm a noob with JE denim...every single denim on the site right now has an identical fit?--it's just the washes that are different? Dudes up there are making me want to grab onto Coba so bad...I might cave in by the end of the night

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

you have 500 hoodies and no JE denim?

I'm not trolling you. Just surprised. You're in for a treat.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/IMG]

This is my first pair of JE Jeans. Cast 2 Springs. I went down a size based on reviews and website measurements. Could someone provide feedback on the fit. I'm not sure if I should go down one more size because these fit good but I know they will stretch based on what I've read. However I don't mind dry cleaning them whenever I need to. Thnx

Last edited:

Secondprize

Reaction score

This is my first pair of JE Jeans. Cast 2 Springs. I went down a size based on reviews and website measurements. Could someone provide feedback on the fit. I'm not sure if I should go down one more size because these fit good but I know they will stretch based on what I've read. However I don't mind dry cleaning them whenever I need to. Thnx

they look great right now but the springs stretch like crazy, size down again would be my advice. i learned the hard way and now I size way down to the point where i almost cant button the top, and then let them stretch to the absolute limit and they fit perfect.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Obsidian? What. Are the plain black denim dropping actually blue?

I'm not sure if you've seen any of their other versions of obsidian, it's a very dark black/blue. I'm not sure if the denim in the look book is obsidian or black. They've had 2 iterations of the obsidian previously so I just assumed it was a new obsidian

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JR918 All depends on the look you are wanting. If you like how they look in those pics, they won't be like that in the long term. If that was me personally I would size down one more and they should end up looking similar to in your pics after some wear

GBlue

Reaction score

[/IMG]

They look perfect on you imo. Don't size down.

echau

Reaction score
If you don't size down, you'll regret it.
All jeans stretch some after wear. JE jeans stretch more than an average pair of jeans should.
After a soak/wash, they will shrink back to original fit, but stretch back out even faster.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say size down if you got room in waist. They will stretch a lot and eventually look like that anyway.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

you have 500 hoodies and no JE denim?  

I'm not trolling you. Just surprised.  You're in for a treat.  

I tried 2 out around FW15 I think and they looked awk on me, ended up returning both. I usually stick to APC/ACNE whenever I wear jeans. I'll give the new ones a trY bc they look dope on those that posted pics up here, but let's see how they work for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads