• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

japejapejape

Reaction score
How many will pay a premium for a simple wash ?
obviously a lot of people because we all keep asking for it in this thread...it's literally brought up everytime denim is brought up.
look how much people pay for saint laurent denim with clean simple washes

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for responding, yeah it looks like a jacket heros would wear lol. Debating between copping a rider or this, I'm leaning towards the down just for its uniqueness.

Hahaha, I could definitely see that. I'm surprised no one's tapped it for a music video. It's really dope. It depends on which rider though. I'm personally not a fan of the mainline rider. But the collab one could be cool. I personally like more of a classic style rider. A rider is gonna be more versatile, but the puffer is really unique.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

obviously a lot of people because we all keep asking for it in this thread...it's literally brought up everytime denim is brought up. 

Agreed. The whole ripped denim thing is a bit played at this point. Look at mnml.la, et al. Or just venture into Top Shop. Given, neither of the aforementioned execute as well, but I'm just saying.

boxdok

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken out of all the denim released last season, Plumas were the most popular and they sold really well. Those were a simple dirty blue wash. And I believe most sizes have been sold out for a while now

TrendyTrez

Reaction score
One of my friends gets 50% off Saks stuff so I was looking to grab some either the black villain or grey kake. The JE stuff on there is pretty scarce; which one should I grab? (or something else instead)

gerg99

Reaction score
I get where you're coming from, but the dudes in this thread (albeit we probably make up a fair chunk of their sales) aren't the only people buying their clothing. It's like how everyone hated on the best buy blue, but it still sold out. maybe the quantities were small, but there was still a group of people that picked em up.

to the more fashion and trend savvy, the distressing feels played out, especially since a lot of us have been rockin it for a while now. to the rest of the more general populace, maybe not so much

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I'm not mistaken out of all the denim released last season, Plumas were the most popular and they sold really well. Those were a simple dirty blue wash. And I believe most sizes have been sold out for a while now

I think those ans the spring should be added to the mainline along with a dark blue.

Secondprize

Reaction score
I would love more non-distressed denim.

I've only pulled out the destroyed MPs once since getting them. plumas on the other hand I wear multiple times a week.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One of my friends gets 50% off Saks stuff so I was looking to grab some either the black villain or grey kake. The JE stuff on there is pretty scarce; which one should I grab? (or something else instead)

Go there

Try on both

Think about which one you think looks better

Which you will wear more

And which will flow more with your wardrobe on a consistent basis

After that and only after that

Should you be able to find your decision

Enjoy the journey

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so as they are releasing today I would like to add my 5 cents about anti expo. My favorite JE tee for the last 3 years was curve u-neck. I got mr porter classic curve and I love it but it is different material and I just wish it was the same length as normal uneck. I have all the tees except new mock panel tee.

For anti expo I went true to size and I like the fit. it is shorter than uneck but pretty wider so the fit is different. I am 5'11, 175 and very athletic built and I wear size L in all the tees and it is far from being a dress on me. I could go with M but it would be too short for my liking I guess. So I think most of guys here must be pretty skinny and short if you are sizing down on anti-expos?

I wanna but the mock tee also, how is the fit on it? Would love to get some feedback from guys that copped.

Also I see that new long sleeve classic curve should be longer in body than unecks, can anyone confirm that or is it longer only on the size chart, because material is different than uneck...

Enexde96

Reaction score

For anti expo I went true to size and I like the fit. it is shorter than uneck but pretty wider so the fit is different. I am 5'11, 175 and very athletic built and I wear size L in all the tees and it is far from being a dress on me. I could go with M but it would be too short for my liking I guess. So I think most of guys here must be pretty skinny and short if you are sizing down on anti-expos?

Damn I was thinking about picking up the anti-expo, but if they run short and wide like you say it's a pass for me

Last edited:

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
They don't. I'm 6"1 and wear a medium and there is sufficient length, it is one of the best layering tees I have as well. Looks awesome underneath stuff. Wish we knew what colours will be dropping today. My anti expo in slate has only gotten better with time, love the material and the raw edges.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads