• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

airkenny

Reaction score
how far off will the fit of JE denim be if I need to hem it to a 31... will i need to retaper leg etc.

thanks. short people problems.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So after live chatting with a CS rep on Mr. Porter's site, they were able to waive the shipping charge (previously just sent an email because live chat wasn't available). Have to love their customer service

niceee glad it worked out!

AHShadow

Reaction score

So after live chatting with a CS rep on Mr. Porter's site, they were able to waive the shipping charge (previously just sent an email because live chat wasn't available). Have to love their customer service

Awesome! Still on the fence because of the conversion rate, but I might bite the bullet if they can waive the shipping fees. Anyone know if I can get Plumas from a CAD store?

Also regarding the sweapants, any preferred fits? Really like the look of the Escobars, but the 'oversized' sweatpants seem pretty nice as well.

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how far off will the fit of JE denim be if I need to hem it to a 31... will i need to retaper leg etc. 

thanks. short people problems. 

I think you need to take into consideration the pair you're buying. If you get the Odeon, if you hem them you may lose some of the color transition at the bottom (blue to black).if you get neros you'll be alright. Some of the JE denim also have stacks "baked" in, so altering the length could get rid of that, which isn't a huge deal IMO. Even if you don't get them shortened, I think you may still want to consider getting the leg opening of the hem altered. As your waist increases so does the leg opening. Stacks look better with smaller diameter openings, otherwise they don't stack well and just look sloppy

detroit313

Reaction score

Royal blue kake dropping tomorrow.

Last edited:

tjonesd2

Reaction score
I honestly don't really understand what JE is going for with this nasty royal blue stuff.... does anyone here actually like the color?

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
It looks better on the kake than the villain but still a pass. Jade was a lot nicer and the kake in that would be fire. Royal blue is basically a less appealing version of midnight in my eyes.

Last edited:

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder when other colors will be releasing. I'm curious to know how the pink will look on terry (if it will be released in that color)

Denim_Connoisseur

Reaction score

Also regarding the sweapants, any preferred fits? Really like the look of the Escobars, but the 'oversized' sweatpants seem pretty nice as well.

I own a Kito, an Alma (similar fit to Escobar) and several Escobar sweatpants and I prefer the Escobar fit.

Last edited:

detroit313

Reaction score
I liked the royal blue in JE pics, then someone posted a fit pic of it and changed my mind.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads