• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikeb88

Reaction score
What's your guys opinion of the paneled flight jacket? Im very close to ordering it in pitch black but was hoping for some feedback first.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like SSENSE removed the black flash dual zip and the black escos from their sale. I wonder if JE disallowed it since they're part of the mainline or whatever
Ssense has done that type of ish for years. So many times I saw some kicks or something I really wanted, I noticed the next day they took it off sale.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score

What's your guys opinion of the paneled flight jacket? Im very close to ordering it in pitch black but was hoping for some feedback first.
It is definitely a nice piece. I had the opportunity to try it on at Roden Gray, and it has a great fit and sleek look. I ultimately went with the Bogota due to the warmth and water resistance, but the material on the paneled flight jacket is insanely comfortable, and more lightweight/less warm.

Last edited:

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your guys opinion of the Raw Edge Raglan Hoodie? I'm considering getting the Alpine or Oak. I already ordered a Black Kake earlier this week.

Thanks!

JE can do no wrong with hoodies. Grab it. It's probably the most comfortable hoodie JE has released, was overpriced at $228 compared to the other hoodies, but the sale price is good.
JE screwed me so big in the past week with Season 8 purchases

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a big statement. I'm actually considering picking up the maroon now. What is it that makes it better? Does the material feel different than the Villain, Kake, etc., or is it just the fit? Any pics? Can I ask more questions? Who knows.

Maybe I should use the word versatile. I love my Villains, don't get me wrong, I just feel like this is a perfect everyday hoodie fit and style-wise. The material seems seems thicker than their other hoodies to me. I know Mike has stated their hoodie fabrics are the same weight (besides Gauze) but this feels like the most substantial and robust terry to me. It seems more "rigid" than the Villain terry which feels softer to me. The fit is relaxed but not really oversized, fits very true to size. Layering it with anti expos looks great too.

Last edited:

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
Hey guys was wondering if I could get a fit opinion. I just picked up the Escobar and Villain during the Black Friday sale. Here is a picture of me trying on the clothes. I am 5'11 and 160lbs, my normal hoodie/shirt size is medium and my jean size is 32 waist and 30 length.

In the picture below I am wearing a medium Villain, which I found to be a little on the tight size and medium Escobar. I ended up sizing up on the Villain and sticking with the medium Escobar. Do you think I made the right choice? Should I have sized up on the Escobar as well?
keep the medium, don't size up to a large they are going to stretch. I even have a couple pairs of Escos in medium and I'm bigger than you. A few of my escos in large have stretched to the point where I sort of wish I had got a medium in all of them but at the end of the day it's not too significant and I like having options. They don't look too tight if that's what you are thinking, and all JE terry stretches after some wear.

Last edited:

Mikeisonfire

Reaction score
Looks like SSENSE removed the black flash dual zip and the black escos from their sale. I wonder if JE disallowed it since they're part of the mainline or whatever

They did this literally hours after they put the black Flash up. I took a screenshot and emailed them asking for the sale price after it was showing as $200 when I added to cart, and they said that it's only the sale price for Japan... wat.

mikeb88

Reaction score

It is definitely a nice piece. I had the opportunity to try it on at Roden Gray, and it has a great fit and sleek look. I ultimately went with the Bogota due to the warmth and water resistance, but the material on the paneled flight jacket is insanely comfortable, and more lightweight/less warm.

I cant seem to find the bogota in black sz medium anywhere. The pricepoint is a little more manageable than the paneled flight jacket. If anyone spots one in a medium it would be much appreciated.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I cant seem to find the bogota in black sz medium anywhere. The pricepoint is a little more manageable than the paneled flight jacket. If anyone spots one in a medium it would be much appreciated.

You missed out on it man, the very last one on the face of the earth was on Grailed last week

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@theonepantless i think those fit good and they will stretch as others have mentioned. People need to realize that yes the models provide reference but the products they are trying on haven't fully taken form or account for stretch with wear.

I've tried medium and small escos. Medium were perfect off the bat but of course stretched to become way too big and baggy. Small were super tight but after about 10 wears they now fit how the mediums started and are perfect. Everyone's body is different and preference on how you like your clothes to fit. Best to try both and see which you prefer

Last edited:

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You missed out on it man, the very last one on the face of the earth was on Grailed last week

lmfao. there should be a meme made out and sent to the JE community.

"If you are ever having a bad day and feel like you did something stupid, just remember...a guy on Grailed actually believed he had the very last medium Bogota on the face of the earth"

Last edited:

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lmfao. there should be a meme made out and sent to the JE community.

"If you are ever having a bad day and feel like you did something stupid, just remember...a guy on Grailed actually believed he had the very last medium Bogota on the face of the earth"

amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads