• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

COG86

Reaction score
Frequent lurker / Infrequent poster

I own a M Charcoal Villain I’m willing to part with. It’s been lightly washed a few times, but always hang dried. Don’t wear it much anymore. If you’re interested, PM a price and I’ll send a few pics to see if we can work something out. Thanks.

helvete

Reaction score

Does anyone know what sneakers the model is wearing in this photo? They're really nice and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

tjonesd2

Reaction score
Are the washed mercers tshirts oversized compared to the standard ones? Steven alan is selling them as oversized but the measurements seem smaller than the typical ones on je.co

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are the washed mercers tshirts oversized compared to the standard ones? Steven alan is selling them as oversized but the measurements seem smaller than the typical ones on je.co

Not oversized. Only the pocket ones are oversized

Clint Alvin

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvete View Post
Does anyone know what sneakers the model is wearing in this photo? They're really nice and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nike Air Max 93

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note, with an end of an era over at slp, I really hope JE can continue to evolve their denim in terms of washes and details. The sample destroyed piece from a few years really was impressive.

Reaction score
General question, though it may seem silly. I was at Saks last night just trying on some stuff, and they have the Swarm jacket. It's amazing - but I live in Boston. How would this leather hold up in the rain? Would this be a terrible idea to buy as a light jacket for spring since it's wet up here a lot?

Haven't seen much chatter about the piece and wondering what either @Johnelliott or others that have purchased can say about it. Dropping a stack is tough on a jacket but this thing was damn nice.

I'm usually a medium in all hoodies (Villain, Kake, Rue, OS crewneck) but would definitely take the large I tried on. Medium was way too tight underneath the armpits. Felt like the jacket would rip if I moved incorrectly.
Wait a second, Saks in boston carries JE?

ZanderRosen

Reaction score

Wait a second, Saks in boston carries JE?
Yeah, bought my size L Swarm. Exchanging it because first one had a big scratch under the pocket which I didn't see.

Their customer service is very so so. Lots of the salespeople are aloof, looking in the mirror at their slip-on dress shoes and ignoring people that need help. They are very insistent at reeling in the same sales associate each time you come in... It's kind of annoying in my opinion. I worked in specialty retail for almost ten years too, so I get it, but still.

Reaction score
Yeah, bought my size L Swarm. Exchanging it because first one had a big scratch under the pocket which I didn't see.

Their customer service is very so so. Lots of the salespeople are aloof, looking in the mirror at their slip-on dress shoes and ignoring people that need help. They are very insistent at reeling in the same sales associate each time you come in... It's kind of annoying in my opinion. I worked in specialty retail for almost ten years too, so I get it, but still.
Thanks man, took me forever to find their JE section, but was awesome to be able to see all the fabrics and whole bunch of this Spring/Summer line in person. Still thinking about that military raincoat I saw.

ZanderRosen

Reaction score

Thanks man, took me forever to find their JE section, but was awesome to be able to see all the fabrics and whole bunch of this Spring/Summer line in person. Still thinking about that military raincoat I saw.
Go to the Tannery. Same selection plus some. Better customer service as well. I had an awful time with Saks. The sales manager who was more or less the 'overseer' of the sales associates had to whip out his iPhone to call the guy that was helping me, and make a snide comment that he takes two hour lunch breaks, and that since "it's his dude" he lets it slide. Returned the Swarm jacket due to an imperfection in the leather - a white scratch, if you will. This 'manager' was pleading with my since he couldn't locate Daryl to keep my defective, almost 1K jacket. He said the repair shop in house could put water on it to fix it... Are you kidding me?! I paid all I did for the coat, Saks had no more size L through the company, so I returned it and ordered directly from JE. I even got 10% off from Saks at first, and sacrificed that. Suffice to say, I won't be back to Saks Boston... EVER. I worked retail (run specialty) for almost a decade in my young career. I have never treated anyone the way this store treated me. It took a full hour to return something I purchased the day before.

I used to work for a sneaker company that was affiliated with CNCPTS/Tannery ownership, and have been treated like a family member when shopping. It's a nice perk, and they know their ****. Allowed me to exchange my Zinc Cast's that were two sizes too big, etc. Props to my homie Rowland who hooks it up - that's my dude.

This post more or less sums up Boston streetwear shopping. Support Tannery and CNCPTS. They are legit and know how to run their businesses, respectively. Great people inside and out.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bootwatch