• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ElJeffrey

Reaction score

Got my OS olive hoodie in today (finally) and the wash look on it is perfect. Wasnt sure at first if i shouldve ordered a large which is what i usually wear in JE but i decided to order down a size just in case and its the perfect fit imo.
this confirms it for me. sizing down was the way to go on this hoody. I went the same size as my Villains and while I loved the piece itself, I hated how it looked on.

ElJeffrey

Reaction score
The 'basics' like the henley, and the not-cropped cropped tee 2.0 - I don't understand the price increase. Is the new cropped tee better quality than the old one? I was going to cop the old cropped tee before it sold out and it was $37 cheaper than the new one, now I'm not so sure about it until I see some photos of the new one.

This cracked me up. I agree - it doesn't look so cropped and the model on the site doesn't even have anything layered underneath. I believe the previous version the model rocked a mercer tank under - which is how I wear mine.

gerg99

Reaction score
Random washing question here... what are your guys' opinions on / experiences with washing vs dry cleaning JE terry?

ChronBong

Reaction score
The reason why the price is increasing is simple...supply and demand.

john elliot is uprising fast crashing into the fashion scene by the storm and those designers tend to raise their prices because of the word i stated above.

without a doubt, john elliot is one of the top tier brands now that goes for the most simplistic modern classic timeless style that the fact u see models are worn with common project shoes.

now if they went for the flashier route, you can bet the prices would be twice as much.

gentlypfister

Reaction score
yea its getting rough out here lol. i just copped the jade uneck today but i think im gonna have to stick to my meager 73$ orders unless another kake mock comes out bc these prices are getting steep. i dont blame them at all, its just pricing me out a bit when i dont see the value. like when i first got into JE i was excited bc it was like a high quality brand at what i thought were fair prices. and i could definitely tell the difference between their tees and an average tshirt. like, they didnt kill me on price like say a rick owens or slp. now when new pieces are coming out that are priced at or above existing pieces, but they seem like not as much detail goes into them its hard to convince myself its worth it. i dont want this to be taken as complaining but just my thoughts on it.

Yea bro - I second that. And I am not a big clothing brand guy. JE had me at simple, quality you can feel items. Now it's getting slightly steep without any unique details.

On another note, I went to Union LA to day and grabbed black hooded villain. I need a good "go to" black hoodie, and this looks and feels like it. I ordered the black Rue, but I don't love the side slits. I wish they were half the depth...but that's just me. Returning it and keeping the villain.

Also, I tried on the OS Hoodie in Olive in XXL (that's all they had). It was huge and I wish i knew if i were a L or an XL. I'm an XL in the Villain, so assuming a L? Anyways, i really liked the light cloth. Perfect for LA...but should have been $50 cheaper in my opinion. You just get a much more substantial hoodie for the same price from JE. Would make sense.

I also tried on the Flatback Thermal Shorts in black. I actually loved them. Not so much to pay $200 for lightweight shorts... but man, the L fit great and these are perfect weekenders. I would scoop up if they ever went on sale, but it's tough to stomach that much for light cotton shorts.

Overall, i'll keep my eye out for the shorts, and I may scoop up a L OS hoodie if I can;t get my hands on a Kake Mock...

justjohn

Reaction score
Random washing question here... what are your guys' opinions on / experiences with washing vs dry cleaning JE terry?
Machine wash and hang dry on my regular JE terry and tees.
The more expensive pieces like jackets and loopwheel, dry clean

Never had any issues so far

ChronBong

Reaction score
Its similar as the Villain hoodie.
Very slim fitting though so recommend go up 1 size
Ok thanks, good to know but I meant the material itself, is it thick or thin? cuz I want to pair with a varsity jacket that fits me nicely so therefore i need a THIN type of hoodie, not like linen thin obviously but you know?

justjohn

Reaction score
Ok thanks, good to know but I meant the material itself, is it thick or thin? cuz I want to pair with a varsity jacket that fits me nicely so therefore i need a THIN type of hoodie, not like linen thin obviously but you know?

If you want thin, go with the recent released hoodies from SS16.
Saw many members saying how thin it was compare to terrys from past seasons so had passed up.

hyyvii

Reaction score
The fit is very slim fitting and the terry is normal JE terry not to heavy but not thin at all it will keep you warm

hyyvii

Reaction score
speaking off Duel Flash anyone interested in a Black size 1 (small) from 2014

nothing wrong with it just that my shorty took it from me a while ago and wash it so it not a true black anymore more of a ashy washed black looking to buy a new one but want to sell it first PM if interested will let it go for $100

feel free to delete this message

datriz

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the difference in sizing between Cast 2 raw denim colors?

I copped a size 32 in Stretch Kane, Stretch Obsidian, and Stretch Graphite. Kane and Graphite are exactly the same. Obsidian is NOTICEABLY smaller. Measurements are more like a 31.

Last edited:

GTFan712

Reaction score
When considering the price of the OS, remember the living color wash process adds to the cost as well. The Washed Mercer Tee had a 35% price increase ($26) over the standard Mercer Tee, so taking that into account, a standard, unwashed OS would retail at $128 at the least, or $176 at the most.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads