• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryanbelanger

Reaction score

To those freaking out about the length of the Henley it doesn't seem excessive to me and this is an XL here..

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^they should just take all the returns back to their warehouse and make them shorter and re release

In the look book it looks normal. I was thinking that's how it was going to look. For next season I hope it's back to normal sizing and no more oversize or extra long.

gentlypfister

Reaction score

To those freaking out about the length of the Henley it doesn't seem excessive to me and this is an XL here..
Yea - this is the best fit pic of the Henley I've seen. Maybe bc we have similar builds. Reagrdless, a Henley in general has been a first layer, cold weather type of clothing. Unless it's Merino wool, or some other nice fabric, I simply can't justify that price point! $198 bucks? I will spend $80 on a good tee. I will spend $200 on a hoodie that keeps me warm. But $198 is dough for a base layer imo. It sucks because priced around $100-125 I would consider. Same with those shorts. Looks comfy and good - but $200 for sweat shorts. Hard to justify some of this pricing. I'll stick with JE hoodies and T shirts for now.

But yea - that Henley looks solid on you bro!

dcvm1979

Reaction score
Henley just isn't for everyone I guess..looks good on @ryanbelanger..kinda long on @srizvi722..but it all depends on how u wear n rock the ****..u can have a million articles of the best clothing and still look like ****...u gotta know how to put it together I've seen people with high end look like trash and the same with my no name look like a million bucks..some people got the **** u just can't teach. .sorry for the rant ..I'm digging all the recent fit pics too fellas

mcking

Reaction score
Ended up returning the OS hoodie. It just doesn't justify the $200 price tag after having it in hand.

Regards to the henley, I think it looks great and elongated as intended. I think it looks fine on @srizvi722.

ryanbelanger

Reaction score
Also returned the OS hoodie and mercer tee in navy. IMO there was nothing special about the hoodie to justify that price especially. Material was thin and there were no details. The fit was ok, nothing to write home about. Only redeeming quality was the color being something different. The mercer tee was nice but it's smaller (tighter and shorter) than regular mercers.

dkirch

Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of the henley with one of the OS pullovers (either hoodie or crew). Ive seen lots with the Villain.

justjohn

Reaction score
Hope JE can post the price once a release date is announced. SS16 prices are a huge surprise to me to far...would like to be prepared and know how much I will spend on a certain release ^^

Last edited:

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

Generally not one to complain about pricing, but some of these SS2016 prices have been very questionable. OS Hoodie at $198 (own and really like but wouldn't buy again at the $198 price point given the weight), Henley at $198, thermal shorts at $198, and oversized crop tees at $125? Real head scratchers. 
yea its getting rough out here lol. i just copped the jade uneck today but i think im gonna have to stick to my meager 73$ orders unless another kake mock comes out bc these prices are getting steep. i dont blame them at all, its just pricing me out a bit when i dont see the value. like when i first got into JE i was excited bc it was like a high quality brand at what i thought were fair prices. and i could definitely tell the difference between their tees and an average tshirt. like, they didnt kill me on price like say a rick owens or slp. now when new pieces are coming out that are priced at or above existing pieces, but they seem like not as much detail goes into them its hard to convince myself its worth it. i dont want this to be taken as complaining but just my thoughts on it.

jcenky

Reaction score
I know its a super long shot, but if anybody is selling their Sage Kake Mock in an XL or XXL, I'd pay a pretty penny
cheers.gif

druid420

Reaction score
yea its getting rough out here lol. i just copped the jade uneck today but i think im gonna have to stick to my meager 73$ orders unless another kake mock comes out bc these prices are getting steep. i dont blame them at all, its just pricing me out a bit when i dont see the value. like when i first got into JE i was excited bc it was like a high quality brand at what i thought were fair prices. and i could definitely tell the difference between their tees and an average tshirt. like, they didnt kill me on price like say a rick owens or slp. now when new pieces are coming out that are priced at or above existing pieces, but they seem like not as much detail goes into them its hard to convince myself its worth it. i dont want this to be taken as complaining but just my thoughts on it.

Yeah man I know what you mean, on pieces like kake mock, boucle sweats, iridescent bomber the prices are understandable - even a bit on the cheap side - for a unique, quality product.

The 'basics' like the henley, and the not-cropped cropped tee 2.0 - I don't understand the price increase. Is the new cropped tee better quality than the old one? I was going to cop the old cropped tee before it sold out and it was $37 cheaper than the new one, now I'm not so sure about it until I see some photos of the new one.

Somebody post some comparison old cropped tee vs new.

ItsJustDifferen

Reaction score

Got my OS olive hoodie in today (finally) and the wash look on it is perfect. Wasnt sure at first if i shouldve ordered a large which is what i usually wear in JE but i decided to order down a size just in case and its the perfect fit imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads