• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few things

Burgundy vill has always been gold since back in the day

Be careful when you order, color isn't as vibrant in person

On the denim and stacks. High in relation to stacks really means nothing

So glad people are loving the new drops! Awesome

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's been asked before, I just tried on my heavy plaster tee with my moon mercer tee. It actually works really nicely. I can't see any of the outlines of the mercer. Heavy tee is wide enough on me to sit nicely on top.

rbroseph

Reaction score
Maybe it's me. It bugs me if I can see the lines even if it's faint. I also like rolling up the sleeves; sometimes it feels a bit wide and boxy in the arms for me, just my opinion though

Also, just noticed the charcoal hooded villain is up on the JE website in medium and large if anyone is looking

ASpec818

Reaction score
Performance wise, do you guys think the fishtail rain jacket will endure a beating for winter? Looking at the care instructions, it's dry clean only, lending me to believe that it is a delicate piece. I'm looking for a raincoat to wear for the upcoming winter. The fit is great, but not sure if I want to pick this up over a Rains breaker piece for less than half the price that is a dedicated rain coat.

godforshort

Reaction score
Performance wise, do you guys think the fishtail rain jacket will endure a beating for winter? Looking at the care instructions, it's dry clean only, lending me to believe that it is a delicate piece. I'm looking for a raincoat to wear for the upcoming winter. The fit is great, but not sure if I want to pick this up over a Rains breaker piece for less than half the price that is a dedicated rain coat.
Have you owned a jacket before ? The rain/snow will not tear it apart it will last.

godforshort

Reaction score
Maybe it's me. It bugs me if I can see the lines even if it's faint. I also like rolling up the sleeves; sometimes it feels a bit wide and boxy in the arms for me, just my opinion though

Also, just noticed the charcoal hooded villain is up on the JE website in medium and large if anyone is looking
Copped! Thanks for the heads up I was about to pull the trigger on the olive until I saw this. Charcoal villain = best terry item JE made in my opinion.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Copped! Thanks for the heads up I was about to pull the trigger on the olive until I saw this. Charcoal villain = best terry item JE made in my opinion.

Agree, been wanting this one for a while.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

Few things

Burgundy vill has always been gold since back in the day

Be careful when you order, color isn't as vibrant in person

On the denim and stacks. High in relation to stacks really means nothing

So glad people are loving the new drops! Awesome
do u mean height in relation to stacks means nothing? If so I definitely disagree. The whole stacks thing is about having skinny jeans that are too long for ur legs.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do u mean height in relation to stacks means nothing? If so I definitely disagree. The whole stacks thing is about having skinny jeans that are too long for ur legs.

What I mean is that

My friend is 6'5, 32 inseam stacks on him
I'm about 6'1, 32 inseam is high water on me

DarkSpiral

Reaction score
The Engineered Pants aren't as bad as people are saying. My black waxed ones just came in.

They do fit loose around the top block and the thighs, but they almost fit like the Fear of God LA black pants overall. The difference between these and the FOG pants is that these are loose around the waist and a bit more loose around the calves. I am tempted to keep them to be honest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads