• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

btylus

Reaction score
Quote:
Yeah Jerry Lorenzo is out of his mind for the price points of this clothes. $400 for a plaid shirt with zippers on the side. Insane! I dont care if all his stuff is made in LA. Hes never even showed at fashion week and yet his prices are at the level of and even beyond designers that have an actual standing, individual perspective and relevance in the fashion industry.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah Jerry Lorenzo is out of his mind for the price points of this clothes. $400 for a plaid shirt with zippers on the side. Insane! I dont care if all his stuff is made in LA. Hes never even showed at fashion week and yet his prices are at the level of and even beyond designers that have an actual standing, individual perspective and relevance in the fashion industry.

And he sells out of absolutely everything....soooooo....he must not be that off base.

DarkSpiral

Reaction score

And he sells out of absolutely everything....soooooo....he must not be that off base.

It's true, they literally sell out of every item on the website right way. On other websites, you can find a few pieces every now and then, but they don't last long.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably just the same. Over the summer I was looking for a nice pair of baller shorts like Rick Pods or Swingers and Maxfield was completely sold out and the only kind you could buy was a pair of RO silk or wool for about $800-1400 online, or get a pair of jersey cotton Drkshdw for about $600-800. While they're still not cheap I found a pair of FOG shorts at HLNR that were reasonably priced ($325 I believe) and fit the aesthetic quite nicely. Sometimes it's good to have options, especially those that compliment a certain aesthetic. The bomber jackets for example are relatively inexpensive when you factor in they are essentially Haider Ackermaan knock offs made in l.a. at a fraction of the price. John Elliott isn't much different really in what he's offering. JE fits the market at a decent price, but he has a much wider catalog and more items out there vs FOG or many of the other guys. Still, His prices are just a hair under the competition and it's going to raise as his brand gets bigger and builds a bigger fanbase.

btylus

Reaction score
I'm unconvinced selling out of everything means anything. My previous statement was comparing his prices to that of well established designers such as SL, Balmain, LV, Helmut lang, Rick Ownes, etc., etc. Him selling out of his pieces has nothing to do with the pricing of them IMO. I need a justification for the price point. With the designers I just mentioned and many more, I can see why their price points are high, especially because they're relevant and established. With FOGLA for me, not so much. Also, if a designer makes a few pieces of each item, doesn't it make sense they'd sell out? Its not like FOG is in many stores.

Last edited:

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm unconvinced selling out of everything means anything. My previous statement was comparing his prices to that of well established designers such as SL, Balmain, LV, Helmut lang, Rick Ownes, etc., etc. Him selling out of his pieces has nothing to do with the pricing of them IMO. I need a justification for the price point. With the designers I just mentioned and many more, I can see why their price points are high, especially because they're relevant and established. With FOGLA for me, not so much. Also, if a designer makes a few pieces of each item, doesn't it make sense they'd sell out? Its not like FOG is in many stores.

Do you think every designer/fashion house you listed began as a mega fashion brand? Rick Owens used to design/live in LA and had very limited collections before the move to Paris, very similar to FOG. In the quest to become an "established designer", everyone starts at the same place. If he envisions his brand at that level, shouldn't he price it accordingly? How can you say selling out doesn't mean anything? Sell through is how every retail outlet evaluates a designer and makes the decision to bring them back the following season or drop them, as well as serves as a litmus for other retail outlets to pick up new/upcoming designers. Showing at fashion week doesn't determine whether or not you're legit. Things are constantly changing and the fashion world is no different. Showing at fashion week costs a fortune, and for young brands, many similar to FOG with limited funds (I have no idea what their financials look like) they're deciding that it's just not worth the money, as that same money could be used much more fugally to expand their line, raise their production, and hire new help in an attempt to grow. If you've handled any of their stuff, you'll know it's very well made, much better so than a number of the brands you listed (LV is particularly shameful in regards to quality). Jerry Lorenzo/FOG and Jon Buscemi are currently working with Barneys in an attempt to rebrand a part of their store. Whether or not you want to recognize them as legit seems hardly relevant at this point.

Last edited:

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Problem is there are only a limited number of fuccbois in the world. They cant support every brand, and new brands will come along, while old ones will die out (JE, FoG etc). Have to just make the most of their moment

optimaasprime

Reaction score

^^ I wonder how business would be for him if it weren't for Kanye
Or Kardashians, Beyoncé, Jay-Z, numerous athletes. There are a bunch of boutiques trying to get FOG in there stores. I remember when I saw Barneys asked Jerry on IG and Twitter to get at them so they can get FOG in their store. It's crazy.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While their construction and cuts are nice. Quality wise a lot of the FOG products are extremely over priced. But that's just my opinion. But props to jerry

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FoG is the new Hood by Air? :lurk:

ItsJustDifferen

Reaction score
Anybody know when the distressed JE denims are dropping??? trying to hold out on buying distressed jeans til those come out.

sjson

Reaction score
is the cast in cobalt sanforized? i tried looking around to see if they were but can't seem to find info on if they are or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads