• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PDL24DCP

Reaction score
Quick sizing question (sorry) the Large in the gq collection fit me well (6'0 185) should i go with an xl in the full on JE stuff? Thanks for the help

MNadel001

Reaction score
Depends on your build man. If you are muscular and like a fitted look, you might be a large. If you are dirty bulky, i'd say XL.

I'm 5'10 168 and wear a L in the sweaters, M in the tees. I'm dirty bulky.

chase504

Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo is this jacket a future release from JE? Or is it from somewhere else? Anybody have an idea?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick sizing question (sorry) the Large in the gq collection fit me well (6'0 185) should i go with an xl in the full on JE stuff? Thanks for the help

Depends on your build man. If you are muscular and like a fitted look, you might be a large. If you are dirty bulky, i'd say XL.

I'm 5'10 168 and wear a L in the sweaters, M in the tees. I'm dirty bulky.

I am 5'11 and 175 very muscular and I am L in everythin. Hoodies fits very slim when washed or new, but they loosen up in few hours of wear. I am just woindering if should a go with the same size in Stadium jacket for a fitted look or shoul I size up?

dantatzai

Reaction score

I am 5'11 and 175 very muscular and I am L in everythin. Hoodies fits very slim when washed or new, but they loosen up in few hours of wear. I am just woindering if should a go with the same size in Stadium jacket for a fitted look or shoul I size up?

What's up sussi

Def need to size up - the lining on the inside of the stadium jacket is very constricting when it comes to bringing your arms up and doesn't have any give or stretch unless you rip the lining so if your on one size great, if your in between - you'll have to do the larger one

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's up sussi

Def need to size up - the lining on the inside of the stadium jacket is very constricting when it comes to bringing your arms up and doesn't have any give or stretch unless you rip the lining so if your on one size great, if your in between - you'll have to do the larger one

long time no hear! :)

This is how I am thinking yeah. But I am maybe still more on the L size, for the fitter look.

dantatzai

Reaction score

long time no hear! :)

This is how I am thinking yeah. But I am maybe still more on the L size, for the fitter look.

Yeah def - stretching is not really a factor in this one. You will have some constriction of movement when you put your arms in front of you or when reaching for something :)

tokyocean

Reaction score
I love that fresh-out-the-package look, feel, and fit of JE hoodies. I washed my Villain hoodie, and it feels so good and new with this slimmer, tighter fit. Now I just need to gain more muscle.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I finally ordered my first John Elliott piece. Ordered the U neck Tee in gray. Excited to find out how the quality is.

Gutiinthebooty

Reaction score
anyone else find the villain crews to fit somewhat large in the top and have a large neck opening? I got a few recently, but was disappointed with that.

godforshort

Reaction score
anyone else find the villain crews to fit somewhat large in the top and have a large neck opening? I got a few recently, but was disappointed with that.
yes and i hate it you can see the neckline of your t shirt underneath its a bad look imo. hopefully you did not size up because then it would look even worse. personally i only wear it as a layer underneath jackets because of this.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

u got last version of villain crew or did you purchase quilted version from first run from SS14? Because newer version have normal neck opening and first version had bigger neck opening.

Darren2901

Reaction score
As I almost always have to order two sizes, I have a few items for sale if euro fam are interested:

Rebel SS White and black (medium)
Villain Sand (large)
Gap x JE olive crew (large)

All available at retail plus shipping and will obviously save on shipping and duties. Message me if interested.

tokyocean

Reaction score

Definitely. Even though JE definitely improved the neck opening, it still isn't as narrow as I'd like. That's why I don't plan on getting more Villain crews. It's okay. I think I prefer the hooded Villains.

tobo1221

Reaction score
So does the loopwheel collection fit the same as the regular stuff? I ordered an XXL pitch black villain and it was a bit looser fitting than I wanted. Was thinking of picking up a flash full zip loopwheel. If I wear a L in tech fleece should I size up to XL? I have bigger wide shoulders and a pretty big chest.

EDIT: Just saw this but rule of next has The Cast/Cobalt on sale in Size 32 and Size 34 for $130.24 shipped with code ADD25, which is an absolute steal. Some of my favorite jeans just bought a 2nd pair.
http://ruleofnext.bigcartel.com/product/john-elliott-co-the-cast-cobalt-indigo-raw

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads