• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALEN003

Reaction score

Just got the curve u-neck in olive. It's definitely more green in person than it appears on the web site, where it appears to have a lot of grey in it. It's a nice color, just a little different than it appears online (at least on my monitor).

As far as fit is concerned, the length and width of the body are perfect, and the neck opening is on point. I wouldn't say no to slightly broader shoulders or slightly longer, slimmer sleeves, but overall I'd say it's solid.

The fabric, as expected, is ungodly soft.

I agree with longer slimmer sleeves, you always get that flare in the that make your sleeves look to small or stretched out. Other than that quality is great.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's great that there are now choices for shipping carriers upon checkout. I absolutely understand UPS on the business-end, however as a customer on the east coast I truly can't believe how slow they are to deliver a package in 2014. I'd love to choose USPS Priority, which by weight or flat rate should ring up to about $12-$13, however it's around $40 at checkout which seems a little strange to me.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo any previews of the charcoal silk tees? Looking to pick up another silk piece and interested in seeing the new color. Love the white silk

aaronj15

Reaction score
anyone else have problems with the sleeves on the villain hoodie and dual flash zip hoodie bunching up near the upper arm area? I like how the L fits on me length and width wise, but I feel like the sleeves are kind of too wide up there. It gives it a weird look since the sleeves taper down and look slim down past the elbows. Thinking about sizing down to a M from now on. (I have skinny arms, so that probably has a lot to do with it)

aaronj15

Reaction score
Need your honest opinions. What do you think of the fits? Both are size L and I'm 5'11 170. I feel like I can do a M in the villain. I just feel like the villain is sized inconsistently, I have a size L JE crew neck underneath both hoodies, and it's barely visible underneath the villain. I do have broad shoulders which kind of doesn't help the whole slim fit look. I appreciate any input, thanks fellas.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need your honest opinions. What do you think of the fits? Both are size L and I'm 5'11 170. I feel like I can do a M in the villain. I just feel like the villain is sized inconsistently, I have a size L JE crew neck underneath both hoodies, and it's barely visible underneath the villain. I do have broad shoulders which kind of doesn't help the whole slim fit look. I appreciate any input, thanks fellas.

both are looking good for me. Flash better than villain. But maybe it will be too tight if you size down in villain, only if you want really slim fit. I am 5'11 and 175 with strong chest, shoulders and arms and villain in L is very slim on me and dual flash is a little looser. I prefer how flash looks and think about sizing up in villain next time.

mookiej

Reaction score

anyone else have problems with the sleeves on the villain hoodie and dual flash zip hoodie bunching up near the upper arm area? I like how the L fits on me length and width wise, but I feel like the sleeves are kind of too wide up there. It gives it a weird look since the sleeves taper down and look slim down past the elbows. Thinking about sizing down to a M from now on. (I have skinny arms, so that probably has a lot to do with it)

i'm a little smaller than you, and had the same problem when i sized up to a L. i felt the armholes were very big near the shoulder, so when i lifted up my arms, i felt like i was wearing a wingsuit or something.

supremeanarchy

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I have black escobar sweats in a size Small that I'm letting go of for $125. I need a damn medium since the waistband fits slightly tight on me. Everything is good except the stitching on the waistband, some parts have become unstitched.

Not sure if I can post this here so apologies if I cannot.

@aaronj15 the fits look good man. Your body type might be in between sizes like I am, especially due to my broad shoulders so it really depends on you. But I don't think they look bad at all. If you're going for layering as well then maybe size down and try that out.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are going for a hoodie look they are sized nice. If you want a layered look or something either size down the hoodie or get a bigger shirt

aaronj15

Reaction score
thanks for the input fellas.

I feel like the midnight collection sizing was just off. Makes no sense that my white crew tee in a L should be longer than my moon mercer tee in a L. classic crew in a L measures in at 29.5" length and mercer tee runs in at 30.5" length according to measurement charts. Not to mention the sleeves feel shorter on the mercer than on the crew, which shouldn't be right.

aaronj15

Reaction score
love the clothes, just wish sizing with this brand was consistent.

this.

also, anyone know what denim he's wearing here? looks like a flat black unlike the current raw obsidian, maybe the JE staff can shed some light

720_38.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads