• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Something for Cast 2 fans...Avalon Repair. These are based on a pair of Avalons I wore down and had repaired in Japan...then they used it for reference. Coming soon!
IMG_3848.jpg

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something for Cast 2 fans...Avalon Repair. These are based on a pair of Avalons I wore down and had repaired in Japan...then they used it for reference. Coming soon!
View attachment 1736428
Avalon was one of my favorite cast 2. Just fits too snugged in my tts. Yo Mike, not sure if I’m missed it but are the cast 2 fit updated?

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
Avalon was one of my favorite cast 2. Just fits too snugged in my tts. Yo Mike, not sure if I’m missed it but are the cast 2 fit updated?

I had the same issue and wondering the same. That top block on the avalons was unwearable for me in my TTS. Sized up the bottom half was too sloppy for my liking .

RE: the cast 2 fit being updated.. I could be tripping but the new re-release of the Sahara cast 2 look looser on the JE models and stockists.. were they cut with a little more room this go round? @MIKE_JE

m0butt

Reaction score
People had luck with shrinking their Folsom thermals with a hot wash/hot dry right?

I remember some convos about it, but not sure if anyone was actually successful with it. If it doesn’t worked, how significant was the shrinkage?

Yeah I’ve mentioned it a few times, hot wash and an hour in the dryer on hot worked amazingly.
6DBD5BEE-951C-422F-9961-BEE0885D650D.jpeg
0CFFFDA0-9508-49EC-B717-5D9B7C7DA53B.jpeg

m0butt

Reaction score
You are still getting the whole footwear program! And believe me, I want to release them ASAP. The factory is shut down from positive COVID exposures, so we are leading with what we have - and in my opinion Shark is a very strong offering. Literally nothing we can do until they reopen. I don't have answers for you yet lol.
I love shark lol, I have the 1.0s though so I’d rather mix it up this time.

thank you!

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The fit is updated so they aren't as tight and are more standard, they are more tts now whereas before, especially those new to the brand, found they had to size up on some.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah these new sharks are so good. @MIKE_JE is the sole new? Do they fit the same as 1.0?

Fit is the same. John and the team updated the custom sole in Italy so that there's no longer a leather rand (folded leather style lines) around the sole, now it's injection molded. It feels like the same weight, but sportier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads