• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took the rider to my cobbler, was going to get the snap fixed and a clean/condition. He didn’t have a match for the snap but he was saying the jacket is really good leather so that’s nice lol
How often do you clean and condition your leather? And what do you keep it stored in when you aren’t rocking it.

m0butt

Reaction score
How often do you clean and condition your leather? And what do you keep it stored in when you aren’t rocking it.
I recently moved so I haven’t had it stored properly but it’s as simple as a regular garment bag and wooden hanger I’d say.
As far as how often, I’d say every 3 months of wear I’d condition it. This is the second time I’m doing it since like 2016 but I haven’t worn it that much. Probably going to wear it more often this year.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently moved so I haven’t had it stored properly but it’s as simple as a regular garment bag and wooden hanger I’d say.
As far as how often, I’d say every 3 months of wear I’d condition it. This is the second time I’m doing it since like 2016 but I haven’t worn it that much. Probably going to wear it more often this year.
Thanks for the info

seraphm2

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of Nimbus and Sorrento jeans that could show a comparison? Debating picking up a pair of Nimbus, but feel like the wash is similar, with maybe Sorrento being darker?

Wally_SF

Reaction score
JE thumper (forgot the name but the wash is hard in person)
UNIFORM bens shirt
carbons
saint laurent

IMG_9257.jpeg

MTPromises

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of Nimbus and Sorrento jeans that could show a comparison? Debating picking up a pair of Nimbus, but feel like the wash is similar, with maybe Sorrento being darker?
Wash on the nimbus is more visible and the denim is a lighter indigo. Sorrento is a much darker indigo (closer to raw indigo colour), but with a slightly less visible wash and some really minor distressing. Nimbus is a medium wash and sorrento is a dark indigo wash to simply it. The forum ranks nimbus as one of the best washes, but it really depends on whether you want lighter or darker blue denim. Sorrento was the first item I bought from JE so it has a special place in my closet

blacknotebooks

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of the Daze Indigo off the bay and damn that joint is heavyweight and stiff like a mf'er. Went TTS and they fit exactly like my other Daze's - just takes a minute to get on due to the stiffness. Haven't rocked raw denim since superfuture days so still getting used to it.

reydogg23

Reaction score
Yeah I liked the fit on the Daze raws but I just couldn’t do the break in period anymore so I flipped them.

m0butt

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of the Daze Indigo off the bay and damn that joint is heavyweight and stiff like a mf'er. Went TTS and they fit exactly like my other Daze's - just takes a minute to get on due to the stiffness. Haven't rocked raw denim since superfuture days so still getting used to it.
Hoping for a restock of these at some point

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads