• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t surprise me if the color was different. Ssense has a black zipper vs the chrome on je.com. Other items have had subtle differences as well.
The chrome zipper made the wheat color way. It’s weird I don’t see the wheat 1/2 zip on JE anymore. A lot of times they use prototypes for the shoots, so I wonder if they made a change to the zips? Did anyone pick it up?

cjaz

Reaction score
The chrome zipper made the wheat color way. It’s weird I don’t see the wheat 1/2 zip on JE anymore. A lot of times they use prototypes for the shoots, so I wonder if they made a change to the zips? Did anyone pick it up?

The chrome zipper made the wheat pop and wheat definitely has a chrome zip in the store. The color was softer than I anticipated. Fairly accurate to the website. Who knows if a black zip was used for a batch of more saturated wheat, or a prototype. I find it odd.

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chrome zipper made the wheat pop and wheat definitely has a chrome zip in the store. The color was softer than I anticipated. Fairly accurate to the website. Who knows if a black zip was used for a batch of more saturated wheat, or a prototype. I find it odd.
Sorry I meant protos on the JE photo shoots. SSENSE pics are reflective of the stock they have in hand

so you saw it at the JE store and it had chrome zips? What did you think of it in person?

cjaz

Reaction score
Sorry I meant protos on the JE photo shoots. SSENSE pics are reflective of the stock they have in hand

so you saw it at the JE store and it had chrome zips? What did you think of it in person?

I gotcha. I should have clarified prototype zippers through ssense and je.com could be interchangeable. Were the black or the chrome zips prototype? The black anorak at ssense was different than je.com and most likely a smaller batch was sent to them. If any, I’d imagine the different black anorak was a prototype. It doesn’t appear that the wheat 1/2 zip is anywhere else.

100% had chrome zips in store. Didn’t spend much time with it, nor try it on. I didn’t want to impulsively cop another sweatshirt, but I liked it. Substantial weight to it. From what I could tell, it seems as if the 53% nylon is the faux fur. It’s easy to feel, but not too visibly noticeable. Somewhat of a more sparse, shorter, and softer feel than the bristles on soft baby / pet brush.

Last edited:

Csrulz16

Reaction score
The country of origin never really matters to me, manufacturers in China have some of the better machines than places like the US or other countries.
Thats what I’m saying, made in China is a perk now. Its adding to the $1300. At least its not Bangladesh!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gotcha. I should have clarified prototype zippers through ssense and je.com could be interchangeable. Were the black or the chrome zips prototype? The black anorak at ssense was different than je.com and most likely a smaller batch was sent to them. If any, I’d imagine the different black anorak was a prototype. It doesn’t appear that the wheat 1/2 zip is anywhere else.

Didn’t spend much time with it, nor try it on. I didn’t want to impulsively cop another sweatshirt, but I liked it. Substantial weight to it. From what I could tell, it seems as if the 53% nylon is the faux fur. It’s easy to feel, but not too visibly noticeable. Somewhat of a more sparse, shorter, and softer feel than the bristles on soft baby / pet brush.
So confused... yeah I’m guessing they just used black zips on the batch for SSENSE. But I wasn’t sure if their were black zips on the ones at the JE store that you saw or the ones from JE.com that were sent out.

anyway, what is this black anorak you speak of?

cjaz

Reaction score
So confused... yeah I’m guessing they just used black zips on the batch for SSENSE. But I wasn’t sure if their were black zips on the ones at the JE store that you saw or the ones from JE.com that were sent out.

anyway, what is this black anorak you speak of?
I’m referring to the difference in the sleeve. While not a huge difference, it’s a difference. My gut feeling is ssense’s anorak was either a prototype w even less supply, or a mistake in manufacturing. Either way, I haven’t seen the cut sleeve version on je.com, nor in store. The cut sleeves were only at ssense and Ron Herman. Based on the overall limited supply of anoraks, I don’t find it to be coincidental.

2C382482-9EDC-47B7-A858-9B5E5F2EF1C5.png CFAB4411-BA51-4B03-9BA4-AB7B24B15B91.png
86EBEFBE-E096-47AC-BF59-6711F22C2112.png
969486B9-59AF-4D94-A837-EA5E3A7DF7E4.png

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ edit: that is a very small difference you are pointing out on ssense for the anorak. There have been different production runs so might be due to leather availability there. In general we wouldn’t do a different run specifically for different stores unless it’s actually an exclusive.

Also, the fur terry half zip on our site was shot with an earlier sample with silver, it did end up with the black zipper, was our mistake but it sold out so was taken down naturally. You sure you saw that in store?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads