• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat related but somewhat not:

I REALLY want a restock of the Trenton Straight Fit Chinos. I missed it the first time around. Would wear every day.

Also, do the Aime Leon Dore core chinos fit TTS? Did anyone cop? Im interested

isculpt

Reaction score
Man, that’s a Uni tee sized down, washed and shrunk. I don’t think I can do a tee shorter than this haha.

Quality per usual can’t be beat. My favorite thing about JE is the durability w/ items like this. Fees like I could beat this jacket and it would just look and feel better over time. Gonna have to mull it over. Might grab tan again
To me personally the black M looks like it fits you better than brown L. But your mileage may vary.

flipsilk

Reaction score
Just got a few items in from various sales. I'm in between sizes for the Hemi. I went with Mediums for the Cinder and Butte since my Paloma in Large in a little too big. They fit well (wanted more fitted vs oversized) but might be a little short in terms of length. Let me know what you guys think.

Cinder Hemi
Basalt Tee
Uniform LA Shorts
View attachment 1527029

Butte Hemi
Basalt Tee
Uniform LA Shorts
View attachment 1527028

They def seem a little short, at least from this POV. But isnt that the intended look? Where do the sleeves hit your wrists?

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
Just got a few items in from various sales. I'm in between sizes for the Hemi. I went with Mediums for the Cinder and Butte since my Paloma in Large in a little too big. They fit well (wanted more fitted vs oversized) but might be a little short in terms of length. Let me know what you guys think.

Cinder Hemi
Basalt Tee
Uniform LA Shorts
View attachment 1527029

Butte Hemi
Basalt Tee
Uniform LA Shorts
View attachment 1527028

large would fit much better imo. I’m not a fan of sized down hemis myself

MTPromises

Reaction score
They def seem a little short, at least from this POV. But isnt that the intended look? Where do the sleeves hit your wrists?
The sleeves fit normally on the medium hemis. I have to roll up the cuffs on my Large paloma. Mediums go right to my wrists and fit like regular sleeves should.

ggss09

Reaction score

Cinder Hemi
Basalt Tee
Uniform LA Shorts
View attachment 1527029

Butte Hemi
Basalt Tee
Uniform LA Shorts
View attachment 1527028

Nah looks dope, I think you'll get used to the crop, maybe its the angle but it doesn't really look to be that severe on you

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, that’s a Uni tee sized down, washed and shrunk. I don’t think I can do a tee shorter than this haha.

Quality per usual can’t be beat. My favorite thing about JE is the durability w/ items like this. Fees like I could beat this jacket and it would just look and feel better over time. Gonna have to mull it over. Might grab tan again
find that brown M brotha

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, this "linear yard" concept is what went over my head... the fact that the unit of measure isn't a based on a true square yard (with length and width each being one yard). Thanks for explaining this. I always assumed that 26 oz weight was true oz per square yard.

Someone with the 26 oz sweats needs to cut a small chunk out and weigh it on their gram scale so we can do a proper comparison.

Of course. I’m really glad you found some value in it.

If someone wants to send me a pair of 26 oz sweatpants and have me punch it, I can definitely do that. I’ll document the whole process for you guys to show how we get these measurements. However, if no one wants to ruin their sweatpants, I can also work the numbers backwards to give you a ballpark GSM based on the same calculations I used above for the 575 GSM French terry @j023 asked about.

Assuming the linear weight is exactly 26 ounces and the fabric width is 58” or 60” the corresponding GSMs would be:

58”: 547.17 GSM
60”: 528.93 GSM

Join me tomorrow for more boring parlor tricks.

Edit: Also, just a quick comment on your original post, you wouldn’t “add fleece” to a French terry. Fleecing is a process where the French terry is “brushed” (essentially agitated) to cause the fibers to break up and have that cozy/warm nap. Fleece terry starts out as French terry then undergoes the fleecing process in finishing.

Last edited:

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jets
Classic crew
Blackmeans

Happy New Year. Blessing and Prosperity. Be safe and have fun, see you in 2021. PEACE!
A31D2BA4-BBA8-4E0D-B880-26D36285CA2A.jpeg

isculpt

Reaction score
Charcoal Cargos came in, they fit true to size imo. I have somewhat big thighs and these have ample space for em. If you have skinny/slim legs, I'd consider sizing down. Big legged people, stay tts imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads