• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

funx0rs

Reaction score
I bought it it second hand from a friend on Facebook (65 shipped), but I'm not sure where he originally got it. Thanks for the information!

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Has the sizing and cut on many of these pieces stayed consistent at all? Reason asking -
I was able to score a Villain Crew from a acquaintance online for a steal after a discussion of the Black Friday sale.

Based on the measurements I went with an XXL but it definitely fits slightly looser than I like. The main difference is that the neckline is significantly wider than it looks in current photos. I had never made a JE purchase so I took the deal with the recommendation to "size up if you're on the fence"

Just curious really - still waiting on my Black Friday purchases and I have a feeling most of them will be headed off to grailed unfortunately if the sizing on this older crew is any indication.

Wow that's a lot different then the way it is cut now. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the neck the same on a Villain Crew and a Fishtail crew nowadays?

benzemania

Reaction score
Hey guys, great thread!

Not new to JE but my sizing changes constantly because of gym workouts. I recently went XL on Mercer Tank and Villain hoodies and they fit great, but I have size Large Curve U-Necks (I stretch them out) and wanted to know in your experience if the XL U-Necks fit looser than Mercer Tank/Villain hoodie or should I stick to XL next time I order U-Necks?

I've tried on Large Mercer Tee and it fits much slimmer than my Unecks. I don't know if you guys agree.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Wow, never really had a bad experience with JE before, but they have had almost $400 tied up in unfulfilled orders with zero status and zero response via e-mail for 12 days, all of the items are of course out of stock (I bought all of them at midnight on the dot) so they may as well just tell me it's cancelled. Doubt I will order again, they really **** the bed on the Black Friday stuff. ******* Joke.

Last edited:

Bimmer93

Reaction score
Yep. Same boat. Somehow people overseas have received their order, yet my Black Friday order to the US still hasn't shipped. The updates are useless too - I was told everyday since Tuesday of last week that it would be shipping that day, but still nothing.

Horrible planning and clearly did not account for any ramp at the warehouse. In no way should it take nearly 2 weeks to fulfill an order.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought it it second hand from a friend on Facebook (65 shipped), but I'm not sure where he originally got it. Thanks for the information!
I am sure it has quilting on the back, right? :)

rbroseph

Reaction score
Same boat, probably won't receive it until after Christmas depending on the hold up at customs, and that's IF it gets shipped out soon.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow, never really had a bad experience with JE before, but they have had almost $400 tied up in unfulfilled orders with zero status and zero response via e-mail for 12 days, all of the items are of course out of stock (I bought all of them at midnight on the dot) so they may as well just tell me it's cancelled. Doubt I will order again, they really **** the bed on the Black Friday stuff. ******* Joke.
Could it be that they still have the items you purchased but they just have not shipped out your order yet? I mean of course they are out of stock for purchase for new customers, but the product that you purchased should have been most likely set aside for your order.

I too am waiting on confirmation e-mail for a Black Friday purchase (herringbone charcoal m65 among other things) and I have a feeling that they don't have any more of them either but then I would have expected an e-mail telling me my order is cancelled.

Last edited:

funx0rs

Reaction score

I'm new to JE but I made my first order with the pre-sale. When the additional sale items went up, and a similar villain hoodie to the one I had initially ordered was included, they were kind enough to cancel my first order in favor of my second. I thought the service was great. Shipping was a little slow, but that's to be expected with a massive Black Friday sale. My stuff will be in tomorrow.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First run of villain crews had a wide neck, almost like a boat neck. Then they tightened it up a bit (was still more relaxed than a regular crew though), and iirc they tightened it up again and that's how it currently fits. It def looks like you got an older version. Was it from revolve by any chance?

I have the boat and I don't think that's it. Generally speaking the regular crew villain neck is a tad big (I have it) so it just may be the size

Last edited:

Clint Alvin

Reaction score
Just received a shipping confirmation from an order placed on 30th - But no movement on an order placed on the 26th.
Struggle is real.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just received a shipping confirmation from an order placed on 30th - But no movement on an order placed on the 26th.
Struggle is real.
That's annoying. They are not processing orders on a first come first serve basis like they said they were doing.

I'd be really rattled if they shipped out some Charcoal m65's to customers who placed their order after I did. That would be a slap in the face and bad business in general. Hoping that I get my e-mail soon...

Jflo301

Reaction score
I know there's a lot of complaints in here but I luckily had no problems with my order, ordered Black Friday and my package came in the next Thursday with an RDV2 included so not everyone experienced these delays. Also, I got another package from JE today and they sent me another RDV2 so maybe those that didn't get one with their order will be sent one.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're purposely finding your Styleforum username and leaving your order off the UPS truck.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elliebelle