• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
They are heavier and hold their shape. Slp denim has always been good for me. I never had a bad pair that stretched out too much.
Thx man! I will definitely cop a pair

Just got the Sahara's in today as my first pair of JE denim and I'm hooked. Already planning on getting another pair here soon. From what it sounds like though the Sahara's have less stretch than other JE denim, can anybody speak to the difference if any?
From my experience The springs and obsidians stretch the least, Pompeii and sahara have just enough substance to keep their shape and just enough stretch to remain comfortable, and the meguros are by far the lightest/thinnest and are so stretched out I dont even wear mine anymore (after 2 weeks of wear) - if anyone can add what washes are similar to the meguro please let me know!! their should be a disclaimer with those (beautiful wash, however)

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx man! I will definitely cop a pair

From my experience The springs and obsidians stretch the least, Pompeii and sahara have just enough substance to keep their shape and just enough stretch to remain comfortable, and the meguros are by far the lightest/thinnest and are so stretched out I dont even wear mine anymore (after 2 weeks of wear) - if anyone can add what washes are similar to the meguro please let me know!! their should be a disclaimer with those (beautiful wash, however)

Obsidians stretch out the least? Lol mine havent seemed that way.

g_wop

Reaction score
@Jbidwal here are a few pics i snapped! excuse the dirty mirror/room haha. exam szn

some thoughts:
I love the cut of the basalt tee and i cant get enough of the ocean color

I was a bit worried that L/sz 3 in the track pants would be too long and/or wide for me, but they ended up fitting just how i wanted!

The corduroy on the thumper feels really nice and substantial, i went with mauve because i wanted something a bit louder than my usual neutral color preferences and i really dig it. I wish the marbling effect was more prominent throughout, but other than that i'm super happy with the purchase!

IMG_3672.JPG Basalt + Track pants
IMG_9143.JPG side view of both
IMG_5346.JPG corduroy thumper in mauve

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Obsidians stretch out the least? Lol mine havent seemed that way.
Ive had my pair for about a month and they have stretched a bit but no where near the amount the meguros did. I used to rock a lot of 3 sixteen and flathead denim which is some of the best denim to come out of japan. I struggled going from that to something very thin and flimsy like the meguro, especially since the price points are very close (JE may be higher now). I actually ripped them, twice, on two separate occasions, pulling them up, and had to take them to a tailor to repair the repairs :lol: me and the tailor had a laugh

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jbidwal here are a few pics i snapped! excuse the dirty mirror/room haha. exam szn

some thoughts:

I was a bit worried that L/sz 3 in the track pants would be too long and/or wide for me, but they ended up fitting just how i wanted!

The corduroy on the thumper feels really nice and substantial, i went with mauve because i wanted something a bit louder than my usual neutral color preferences and i really dig it. I wish the marbling effect was more prominent throughout, but other than that i'm super happy with the purchase!

View attachment 938714 Basalt + Track pants
View attachment 938717 side view of both
View attachment 938718 corduroy thumper in mauve

The marbling isn’t that noticeable on the tan either. Looks toned down compared to the lookbook. Track pants worth retail?

non boring

Reaction score
Refarding denim stretch, how have the Nimbus stretched for anyone, particularly in the calf area? Calf area on the Nimbus is pretty tight but everywhere else fits well. My Obsidians had slightly tight calves (not as tight as the Nimbus) but eventually loosened up after about a week of wear so hoping the Nimbus will be the same.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

some thoughts:

View attachment 938714 Basalt + Track pants
View attachment 938717 side view of both
View attachment 938718 corduroy thumper in mauve

Trackpants aren't cropped on you like they are for some of the model pics floating around...guessing it's a height thing.

g_wop

Reaction score
Trackpants aren't cropped on you like they are for some of the model pics floating around...guessing it's a height thing.

yea i'm 5'10 and they fall at perfect length with no stacking. not mad about it though! i didnt want them cropped

@Jbidwal track pants are worth it in my opinion; material is really soft and drapes nicely. The slim fit is exactly what i was looking for in track pants

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads