• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Anyone have the John Elliott x Blackmeans statdium jacket?

I'm looking at the measurements and wondering why it's so much larger than the regular John Elliott stadium jackets. Not really sure how to size on it.

For example M on Blackmeans is 19" shoulders.

M on regular is 17.8".
I have the BM x JE stadium. I sized up, personally. The M was a tad too short. I’m 5’11 and 160lbs for reference.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree and think it really just boils down to consumer demand. Most Stans will pay $400-$500 on some JE denim because of the wash, repairs, distressing, etc. but when washes start to only slightly vary...the demand or "willingness to pay at that given price point" starts to drop because they have something so similar.

This is where I've been at for the past season. There are denim I want but not willing to pay full retail because I have something similar that already fills that roll. The Kelso and especially the Sahara I was considering if the price were right but they're pushing close to $500 when I already have nimbus, plumas, and coast 2. I'm at the point where if it's not a site exclusive I'll risk waiting till it goes on sale at a retailer.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have last years blackmeans riders? How does it compare to this years? I just got mine in and it feels like a suit of armor. I’ve never owned a riders jacket so I can’t compare it to any except the SLP ones I tried on and they were thick and stiff too. I know they’re supposed to soften up with use but I didn’t know how much to expect.
@victoorious might be able to chime in, he has both

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is where I've been at for the past season. There are denim I want but not willing to pay full retail because I have something similar that already fills that roll. The Kelso and especially the Sahara I was considering if the price were right but they're pushing close to $500 when I already have nimbus, plumas, and coast 2. I'm at the point where if it's not a site exclusive I'll risk waiting till it goes on sale at a retailer.

Bingo. These are my thoughts exactly, the more you fill your wardrobe with JE the less your willing to pay full price because your previous purchases are already so solid. So it really has to be a great deal/price drop or something really dope to squeeze a full retail buy.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Just got the Cast 2 / Silent in. Not 100% sure if I’ll be keeping them, but I like the color (much lighter than Onyx). These fit very slim, so no need to size down.

0C4A7CB7-19A6-4133-B6B3-9E65ACD23352.jpeg

0891AE2A-2081-4B54-8142-46F42CF1166E.jpeg

7CC9E300-81FA-493E-963B-43DFF4C91AE6.jpeg

TheOpOg

Reaction score
Man all this new stock sitting. Weird to see JE not sell out, especially the denim.
I know. I actually have liked a lot of stuff that has dropped this season but the pricing hasn't really been good enough for me to spring for anything that I don't "need". Seems like others are doing the same. This is going to be one hell of a sale season. I've actually been putting money aside for it. I'm sure most of the line will hit 25% to 50% off and like Warren Buffett in a recession, I will be there waiting with my cash hoard to pick up the things I want at good prices.

TheOpOg

Reaction score

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Wow, I actually like that color more than I expected. I just wish that hole wasn't there! I am down with a little distressing I just like it to be more minimal and realistic.

I’m on the same page. I’m already anticipating all the questions of “what’s on your leg?” Perhaps just not my style

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m on the same page. I’m already anticipating all the questions of “what’s on your leg?” Perhaps just not my style
I would have grabbed those for sure if the distressing wasn’t there. Or even if it was high up which would be covered by a t shirt anyway.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know. I actually have liked a lot of stuff that has dropped this season but the pricing hasn't really been good enough for me to spring for anything that I don't "need". Seems like others are doing the same. This is going to be one hell of a sale season. I've actually been putting money aside for it. I'm sure most of the line will hit 25% to 50% off and like Warren Buffett in a recession, I will be there waiting with my cash hoard to pick up the things I want at good prices.

50%?
:bounce2:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members